Chapter 18.

A week has passed by since the homecoming dance. Avery hasn't really talked to me since that night. Since we slept together. We've texted, and everything seems like it's fine. When I try to hang out with her, to meet up with her at the park, she just refuses. I've even asked her if I can go to her house, I don't mind sneaking in. She always refuses though, no matter where the place is. She'll text me fine, like nothings wrong, but that's not what I see. Also in forth period, she doesn't even sit next to me anymore. Maybe that's what's best, since Savannah's in that class too. Not even Savannah sits next to me. Avery pretty much traded seats with this other guy, who know sits next to me.

I've tried to talk to her about it, if she regrets what we did that night. She always tells me she doesn't, and will change the subject right away. I know something was up with her. She wasn't being herself anymore, and I wanted to know why. I wasn't going to stop trying until she talks to me. Today, I was going to take a small break from trying to talk to her. The blood tests had came in the mail yesterday. Braxton has his box, and we have ours. It was finally time to get the blood samples.

Our parents were gone, they went to the mall from what I know. They invited us to go with them, but we refused. Hope, who is a little dark, doesn't like the mall. She says it's crowded, and full of all these pretty girls that will just give her the look. I really don't get Hope sometimes. It was easy to convince her to go the party, where it was crowded and full of pretty girls. She had no problem agreeing to that scenario, but she can't find herself at the mall. Also, we go to the mall with her all the time. We literally went before school started. I guess Hope just has to be in the mood. She's a bit strange, but I still love my strange sister.

Grace and I were in her room, trying to figure out this blood test thing. They included alcohol rags, a small device that pokes into your skin. The little device thing, it looks like the ones from when you go to the doctor. They also included an elastic, I'm assuming to put on before you actually poke your finger. Lastly, the little tube where the blood has to be in.

"Hayden, I don't think I can do this," Grace started to say.

After a long talk, we both decided she would the one to do it. Hope trusts her more, than she would me. Grace and Hope get along better, so she'll probably allow her to do it easier.

"Grace, you'll be fine. We talked about this. You tell her it's not a school project, we're just testing out our families DNA, it's simple. If she asks for what, you say for blood types, or to just see what we find out about our genes," I reminded her.

Grace ran a hand through her hair, before she fully let her brown waves go. She had an elastic wrapped around her wrist, which she immediately used to pin her hair up. She went from looking scared, to looking a little more determined.

"Okay, I need to practice on you," Grace said. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"What? No," I answered.

Even though I said no, Grace still started to take out the things from the kit. There was double of everything, since this is literally a company to compare DNA. Practicing won't hurt the amount of stuff we had, I just didn't want to be the guinea pig.

"Come on, Hayden. The only reason we're doing this is because of you. Braxton is literally practicing on himself, I can practice on you," Grace explained.

Grace had a point, the only reason they were even doing this is because of me. It's because of me, and my stupid theory.

"Fine, let me go wash my hands," I said to her.

I walked into the restroom and washed my hands. I came back into Grace's room, and sat down at her desk. She had everything spread out, and ready to go. I wasn't nervous to let Grace do this, I wasn't scared of needles. Grace held a piece of paper in front of her face, they were probably the instructions.