Chapter 21.

After talking to Uncle David, I just felt like I was playing the waiting game. I was waiting for him to tell me good news, or bad news. I was hoping for the best, I was hoping he would be able to bring her back to town. I haven't heard anything though, and slowly I felt like I was giving up. It's been a week since she left. I've tried texting her, but she never responds. I'm always left on read, until one day my messages just didn't go through. Either she blocked me, or got her phone disconnected. Either way, that was a bad day for me.

I haven't really seen much of my family, I usually spend my time locked up in my room. I haven't really talked to my Mom or Dad, sisters for that matter. I just updated Grace on her plan, that it may or may not work. After that, she's kind of left me alone. Jacob's been the only one really bugging me. He keeps asking me to go out with him, that we can just literally go to the bowling alley. He just wanted to get me out of the house, and I felt like Grace was the one who was behind it. I always said no, I wasn't really in the mood to do anything.

Savannah wasn't any better in this situation either. Technically, yeah we were together. Did I want to be? No. I've tried talking to her, but it's like she knows what I want. It's like she knows that I want to break up, and she just avoids the conversation with me. If I don't text her, she doesn't do it. Even when I do text her, it's just to try to set something up with her. So I could talk to her, and just break up. I don't want to be with her, or anyone else for that matter if it isn't Avery.

I was scrolling through my social media, hoping to see something that had to do with Avery. There was nothing, just the same people at school trying to make their life look exciting. Let's be real here. No one's life is that exciting. I post stupid things too, that literally make my life seem like the best one there is. No one's life is that great, not even mine. There was a knock at my door, and I looked up from my phone.

"Come in," I called out.

My Mom opened the door, and she walked in. She wore this sad smile on her lips. I haven't really talked to her, or my Dad. I've seen them and talked to them, but I haven't really talked to them.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Mom asked. I sat up on my bed, and just shrugged at her. They still don't know about Avery. I'm pretty sure Uncle David hadn't told them anything about her either, if he had they would of already been questioning me about her.

"Nothing, just on my phone," I said to her. My Mom nodded a bit. She probably wasn't sure what to say next.

"Can we talk? Like, really talk though?" My Mom asked. I nodded at her.

"Sure, what about?" I asked her.

"You've just been so distant from us all, I just want to make sure you're okay. Is there anything you want to tell me, or talk about? You know we're all here for you, Hayden. We won't judge you on anything. I just want to make sure you're okay," Mom explained.

I ran a hand through my hair, debating if I should talk to her or not. At this point, I didn't care if my parents knew about Avery or not. I didn't care if they knew that I cheated on Savannah. I wanted them to know about her. I wanted them to know that their son fell in love, and he knows exactly what it's like to be in love. I might of not known it then, but I know it now. I love Avery Madison. Hayden Garza, fell in love with Avery Madison.

"I fell in love," was all I said to her. My Mom's eyes told me she was shocked, especially since I was so blunt.

"You fell in love? With Savannah?" My Mom asked. I smiled at her, and somewhat laughed. I can't imagine being in love with Savannah, or any other girl for that matter.

"No, not with Savannah," I said to her. My Mom looked even more confused.

"Aren't you still with her?" She asked. I slowly nodded my head.