Chapter 24.

After thinking over Uncle David's offer, I decided maybe it would be best. I wasn't mad at my parents, and I still saw them as Mom and Dad. I just needed some time away. I didn't want to talk to them, or see them for that matter. I just wanted to be in my thoughts, and think things over. Even tough I'm a little asshole, I don't want to say the wrong thing to anyone. Maybe it's best to leave, and stay at my Uncle's house for a few days. Just while I get use to this new information about me.

I grabbed one of my bags, and started to stuff some clothes in it. I filled it as best as I could, with just a few jeans and t-shirts. Some clean underwear and socks as well. I don't know for how long I'll stay at my Uncle's, I don't plan to stay there for too long. I just want to stay there until I feel good enough to come home. Just until I know I won't mess up any of these relationships with them. Once I have came to terms with this whole thing, I really hope things do go back to normal.

Once I had everything, I walked out of my room. I really hope they understand, I just need a few days away. I need to clear my mind, and just come to terms with everything. My biological Dad was Isiah, and my biological Mom past away when she was giving birth to me. I felt this sting in my chest; I'm never going to be able to meet her.

I walked down stairs, and noticed everyone was still here. They were all sitting on the couches. They were talking, but when they saw me everything went silent. I watched as all eyes went to my bag. I know this looked bad, but I just needed to stay with my Uncle for a few days.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked.

"To Uncle David's house," I answered.

"While you're there, do me a favor," my Dad said. "Ask him how he took the news when he found out he was adopted."

The word adopted stung a bit. Most of my family was adopted, all of them from my Dad's side of the family at least. I was use to hearing about adoptions, and everything that has to do with it. Maybe that's why it was so easy to accept Avery as a foster child. I never judged her for it, it's not like it was her fault. A lot of people did judge her, or give her all this sympathy she hated. I was the only one that treated her like another human being, maybe that's why we got along so well. I saw her for more than just her past.

"I will," was all I said to him.

Before anyone could say anything else, I walked out of the house. I felt my eyes stinging again, but I ignored the feeling. I didn't want to cry, there was nothing to cry about. I still had my family, but the information just changed. I got into my car, and threw my bag to the back seat.I started the car, but before I could start driving the front door to the house opened. Grace came running out, and I rolled down the window to talk to her. She came over to the driver's side.

"Hey, are you leaving? Like you're not coming back?" Grace asked. Her voice cracked, and I could tell she was also holding back tears.

"No, I'm not. I just need some time away, I need to process everything. My head feels really heavy, I just need to be alone for some time," I explained to her. Grace slowly nodded.

"Don't be mad," Grace started to say. This time, a stray tear rolled down her cheek.

"Why would I be mad?" I questioned her.

"I did it on purpose," she said. I looked at her confused.

"What did you do on purpose?" I asked her.

"The blood samples, I knew which one was which when I dropped them. I said I would practice on you, just because I wanted to get a sample of your blood too. I'm sorry, you had your theory but I had mine after seeing your birth certificate."