Chapter 3

I tried to distract myself to forget what I saw that afternoon. I read my new book, I did my homework, cooked my dinner, and I even called Shannon and Alexa. But every time I closed my eyes, all I could see was Roman and his face etched with lust.

To be honest, I pitied his classic car. It was beautiful, but it was constantly used for the wrong purposes. I wonder how many girls got inside that car so he could fuck them. Did he ever clean them after they did it?

Please Mckenna, stop drifting your thoughts to that subject.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I am actually relieved that I didn't easily believe his actions earlier that day. I could already tell what kind of person he was when he talked to Nadia and when he approached me. Thank the heavens for not letting my guard down that easy. I'm never going to trust that fuck boy again. It was a shame though, I had my hopes high for him. Well, just a tiny bit.

Congratulations Aster, you're no longer a baby. You just have to prove Shannon that. Well, it could take time.

When I was clearing my skirt pocket of any contents, I saw the note again. It became a little crumpled.

Great music taste, my ass. I dumped the note in the trash bin.

I threw my clothes inside the washing machine. I closed its door, pushed some buttons and let it do the work. I received a notification from our groupchat.

A. S. A

Alexa: Hey guys! Good eve.

Me: Hey Lex. Have you had dinner yet?

Alexa: Yup! I had pizza.

Me: Oh, nice.
       BTW, how was the   emergency?

Alexa: Well... My mom was just paranoid that I'd stay late after school so she made me go home early.

Shannon: That's a shame. We hade ice creams and corn dog.

Alexa: No way!! Ugh. I could've just sneaked out.

Shannon: Any way, I got tea.

Alexa: about your boyfriend?

Shannon: Uh, no. This is about our baby Aster.

Me: Seriously Shan. I'm no longer a baby.

Shannon:👶😛
                Anyways, a fuck boy tried hitting on our precious baby.

Alexa: WOAH WHAT WAIT A MINUTE

Alexa: WHY DO SOMETHING BIG ALWAYS HAPPENS WHILE I'M AWAY

Shannon: Wanna take a guess?

Me: Ugh, Shannon. Stoopppppp.

Shannon: Godfrey hit on our baby Aster.

Alexa: .....

Me: Guys it's over. He didn't hit on me. He just said that my music taste is great.

Alexa: That doesn't just seem like it tho

Shannon: we have to protect our baby at all costs

Shannon: when she got her first heartbreak it was really traumatizing for her