Chapter 5

Shannon stood in front me, as if she was protecting me from something. On the other hand, Alexa looked at me and Roman alternately, her smile becoming wider.

"What are you guys up to?" I studied Roman's features. His height intimidated me for a bit, and his hands in his pockets made him look like he was so comfortable talking to us.

"None of your business, Godfrey," Shannon held my hand and pulled me along with her. "Let's go."

"Shannon, chill. Wait right there," Alexa stopped us. When she looked at me, it was like a light bulb illuminated on top of her head and she looked at Roman who was now standing beside her. Alexa was the shortest of the three of us, so she had to look up to him. "I'd say he'll join us," then, she looked at me. My eyes widened and I suddenly became nervous.

"I'm in," he said it like it was his first time hanging out with other girls.

"Alexa, stop with your shit. He doesn't know anything about clothes," Shannon scanned him from head to toe, her facial expression was unreadable.

"I have a girl cousin, thought you guys should know. I could help you out," his green eyes stared at me.

"Perfect! He'll join us," Lex's face beamed with glee. She winked at me so I knitted my eyebrows at her as a reply. Shannon shaked her head. "Okay, fine," they were about to walk with us when suddenly Shannon stopped them.

"He has to be a meter away from Aster," to be honest, I was thankful that Shannon said that. I'd die of nervousness if he happens to walk beside me. It's better to keep my guard up.  Well, he had no choice but to walk a meter away behind us, and Alexa walked beside him so he wouldn't feel like he was out of place.

So we entered the boutique and they followed behind us. It felt like Alexa and Roman had their own world. She was becoming talkative. She kept asking him all sorts of questions. And then Roman asked her something.

"Does she always dress like that?"

"Like what?" Alexa asked him back.

"Like it's already summer," I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I knew they were talking about me.

"Uh, no. Aster's wardrobe is very diverse. Sometimes she'd dress like she was a high school girl in the 50s. Sometimes, she'd look like a girl next door," I felt embrrassed of how Alexa knew the clothes inside my wardrobe.

"Oh, I understand now," He said. I heard another question coming from Alexa. "Why would you ask?"

I was waiting for his reply as we walked towards the women's section. I could feel my heart racing inside my chest again. I hope he doesn't say anything mean.

"Well when I met her the other day, she looked mature because of the white blouse and the skirt combo she was wearing," he paused for a moment. "And yesterday, I almost did not recognize her when I saw her on the sidewalk. She was wearing a light blue turtleneck longsleeve and a denim overalls. She looked like her age. But summer is fast approaching, so it crossed my mind if she was feeling hot. She was literally covered from her neck down," he said continuously.

Alexa then beamed, "Yeah, Aster is like that. She's got variety, but in a weird way," I heard Roman chuckle. "I like variety," he then replied.

Shannon tightened her grip on my hand, and then she whispered, "Don't pay attention to his words."

"I know that, I've been thankful that you didn't let him walk beside me."

When we reached the women's section we halted. Shannon made sure that Roman was not going to be too near to me by glaring at him.