Chapter 17

I received a call from Roman after twenty minutes and as soon as I answered it, I went to my door.

"Open the door for me, sweetheart."

I dropped the call and opened the door and Roman in his pajamas welcomed my sight. He immediately got out of the car and ran to hug me.

"I missed you," he whispered.

I let out a light giggle. "You were literally here earlier this morning," Roman broke the embrace and he stared at me. His gaze was soft and his green eyes seemed to contain sparkles of light, and I could tell that he was happy even though he wasn't smiling. A light wind brushed through his hair and covered his eyes partly, then all of a sudden my hand reached for the strands and pushed it away. It didn't take long for me to feel the cold, and I instantly hugged myself.

"Let's get you inside."

As soon as we got in, Roman locked the door and I went straight for my bedroom and prepared Roman's comforters and placed them on the floor. I was done doing it when he opened the bedroom door wide and leaned against the doorway, his hands crossed to his chest.

"Here! You can sleep now," I said, and plopped myself on my bed.

Roman slowly closed the door and stared at the comforters I placed on the floor. "No, I'm not sleeping there," he put his hands in the pockets of his pajamas and stared at me. His eyes were a little lifeless. Gosh, this man. He really knows how to use expressions, huh?

"I'm not comfortable sleeping with someone else in my bed, sorry," I made sure that I sounded apologetic.

Slowly, Roman walked towards the end of the bed and sat there. "Why?"

I playfully answered his question. "Uh, because solitude is nice?" Still, he kept staring at me like he wasn't satisfied with my answer.

"So you're saying you can't sleep next to someone while last night you didn't mind me on top of you—in this very bed—and kissing your neck?"

I felt my cheeks redden, and out of embarrassment, I threw a pillow at him. Roman managed to catch it, then he chuckled. "That was entirely your fault," I said. He went to me and caged me in his arms. "I can guarantee you, I just want a cuddle tonight," he replied.

I hummed. "Hmm, fair enough."

"Unless you want a repeat of last night," Roman's response made me hit his arm. He only let out a light chuckle.

For quite a while, we lay on my bed, me in his arms, my head against his chest. His hand was gently caressing my hair, and in those minutes, I was at peace. I never thought of that, or my parents' death. It was just me and Roman.

"You should go pack your clothes," Roman softly broke the silence. "And necessities too. Good for a week or so, I guess."

"Okay. Where are you taking me?"

"Let's go on a trip."

"Roman, I don't have any spare money. I can't ask Shannon's parents for more. They already provided so much."

"God Aster. Please say my name more. I like the sound of it when it comes from your lips," he pulled me closer to him. "And also, it's all on me. Don't worry about it."

I let out a sigh. "I feel guilty," I whispered.

"Please don't be, my Astherielle," He planted a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Wow, I didn't know I'm already yours."

"I am yours Aster. Since the first time you acknowledged me," he looked straight into my eyes, and I could tell that he was sincere, and he meant what he said. "So please, allow me to make you my person."