Chapter 7

Weekend passed and by Monday morning, I saw myself walking to school. There were students who rode their bikes and cars. I was taking my time to walk slowly because I had so much time. I learned my lesson to check if I set my alarm so I wouldn't get late next time. My earphones were stuck in my ears and LANY's Taking Me back was playing, a song I usually do not listen to.

When I entered the hall, I noticed a bunch of students in front of of the bulletin board. I didn't pay attention to it and just went straight to my locker. After a few minutes, Alexa and Shannon arrived. They seemed to have reconciled. Well I don't think that's the case. They never really had a big argument and all that throughout our friendship so it was pretty easy for us to forget that we even fought.

"Clyden's parents liked me!" Shannon hugged me tight and I was stunned at her sudden action. "Good to hear!" I said, feeling genuinely happy about her. She talked non-stop about Clyden's parents, and how they said that she's so fearless and bold unlike their son. She even bragged that they complimented the mint green dress she wore.

Clyden entered the hall and Shannon greeted him with a hug. They looked very opposite but it was obvious enough that they accept each other's differences. Shannon waved us goodbye and Clyden smiled at us, saying good morning.

When they were both gone, Alexa asked me. "Did you like it?" there was something else in her smile that made me remember her scheme with Roman, so I slapped her arm. "Ow! What was that for?" she said while laughing and caressing her arm.

"I thought you were the one who bought it for me! That dress was so expensive and you made him buy it?" she wasn't affected by what I said, rather, she laughed harder.

"I did not make him buy it, he simply asked for your size and all," she defended her hands raised. I sighed, it was basically pointless to argue about this. I just accepted it. "Yeah, I liked it. It's one of the dresses that made me feel things. You happy now?" I made sure I sounded as sarcastic as I could be.

"He also asked me some other things about you," I looked at her in an instant. "Please tell me you didn't say anything stupid," I looked at Alexa with my eyes pleading. And then the bell rang. Thank the heavens. I left Alexa laughing in front of my locker and I made my way towards my classroom.

When I got to my desk, I saw a navy blue bow clip and on top of it was a note.

"Nadia, did you see the person who put this on my desk?" Nadia looked away from her phone. "Oh, sorry but I didn't," I thanked her and I picked up the note to read it.

Alexa told me that you love bow clips and you have a collection of them, so I thought I'd give you one as a gift.

P.S. I'm having a feeling that blue is your favorite color.

I looked around the room to see if he was around, and when I turned my eyes to the door, he entered. He was wearing a navy blue shirt with its sleeves rolled up to his elbows and the first two buttons undone. He looked at me for a moment and then to the note I was holding. He made his way to his seat. And I thought I saw his lips curl upward for a couple of seconds.

When Ms. Paulson entered the room, everyone came rushing to their seats. I put the clip in my bag and the note in the pocket of my skirt.

"I see that everyone's excited on the news," she looked at us and a small smile formed on our professor's lips. "Well, for the people who didn't read the notice on the bulletin board today, you guys will be hosting a concert as a culminating activity for this academic year which will last for ten days." almost everyone in the class grunted and sighed. I stayed silent and focused on what Ms. Paulson has to say.