Chapter 10: official

30th August 2017

i woke up and slowly made my way to the kitchen to make myself a coffee.
i get my phone and go to my emails.
i had one from my record label telling me i had to announce the release of my next single which is coming out in september.
i put up a photo of me from the music video and captioned the picture:
'...Ready For It? out 5th September.
i'm so excited for this one, can't wait for you to hear it'

"i hope i'm getting one of those too." i heard a familiar voice behind me.

i turned to see cole "you okay?" he asked softly. i looked him up and down, as i put my phone down on the side, he was dressed so he must be going out.
i nodded and turned my back on him "hey.." he gave me a cuddle from behind "it's okay.." he gave me a squeeze making my eyes water

"he betrayed my trust cole.." i sniffled and shrugged cole off of me and handed him a coffee. i walked past him and bumped shoulders with him "hey this is not my fault!" he slammed down his mug and followed me into the lounge "it's not my fault you told zayn what we did."

"he walked in on us shagging cole! i couldn't deny what he saw could i?!" i snapped at him. cole furrowed his brows at me.

"we need to talk, royal.. we've never spoken about this before." he gave me a look, with soft eyes.
i sighed and rubbed my head "there's nothing to talk about. we shagged a few times. we are best friends cole." i look up at him
"i know.. and that's all i see us as, you know i love you. what if this gets out to the public?"

i shrugged "then we say it was a one time thing..." i look into his eyes "we just say we lost our virginity to each other. which we did anyways." i shrug "so that wasn't a lie." i state and he sighed and sat opposite me
"do we really want our private life out there though?? we've fought so long to protect it." cole said to me putting his head in his hands and ruffing his hair up.

"the media know we took each other's virginity." i look at him and shrug "we say it was a one time thing... this might not even go public so we are fine." i say

he gets up and goes to the kitchen and brings our coffees in and passed me mine.

"i'm sorry your birthday was ruined." he sighed and sipped on his drink.
i looked out of our large windows in our lounge that looks over the mountains.
"i enjoyed myself.. up until what zayn did.. so don't worry about it." i smiled softly looking back at cole.

we stayed silent for a bit and drunk our coffees as we looked out over the mountains.

"how come you didn't tell me you shagged justin and zayn?" cole spoke up lowly.. he sounded confused, a little hurt.
i bite my lip and continue looking out at the mountains.
"i shagged justin 2014." i state ".. a few times. it was just a few hookups. he was in a bad place and so was i after having a brief split from harry." i rubbed my arm. "we haven't touch each other since then." i add.
"zayn and i had sex when i split with harry, he had already been split with perrie for like a year. him and gigi were on a break, we met up, ate and drank and it just led to us having sex." i state and look at him "it was a one time thing." i bite my lip

"what about perrie and harry? do they know?" cole asked softly as he watched me

"perrie knows," i nodded "i told
her because i felt extremely bad, she was supposed to be my friend and i slept with her ex. she wasn't mad in the slightest. she said it had nothing to do with her." i rubbed my coffee mug.
"harry.. he doesn't know." i shook my head "zayn and him don't talk, i obviously don't talk to him. so he doesn't know about it." i state as i look away "and what zayn said.. about me cheating on harry just because he was cheating on me.. that's not what happened. i confronted harry and we split, i slept with zayn after harry and i split up. i'd never cheat," i shook my head "even if i knew he was cheating on me at the time." i shrug "i'm not that kind of person"