Chapter 23: Grammys 2018

March 2018

"welcome to the 60th annual anniversary of the grammys!" the announcer said, i was sat in between skeet and cole backstage in my stage outfit. i was nervous. so nervous. i'm making my first grammy debut since 2009. and it is SCARY.
i was performing a greatest hits as it is the grammys.
so i am singing;
• ...ready for it?/when i grow up
•umbrella
• pon de replay
• ordinary girl/i'll always remember you/wherever i go/ cole sprouse
• don't stop the music
• sweet dreams/ boyz
and a new song that had been released on the 16th February which was called Mad Love sign David Guetta and Sean Paul.

i wasn't singing all of my greatest hits because my segment of the opening show had to be short, but lengthy, it couldn't go on for agessss.
the presenter went through all of the awards tonight while i walked towards the stage with skeet and cole following me so they could watch me from the side lines.

"we thought it was only right to have a heir to the throne come and perform at the grammys tonight," the guy said "so everyone please give a warm welcome to Royal Jackson!" he cheered and everyone else did. and the lights dimmed.
i jogged onto the stage and got in position.

"grammys... are you ready for it??" i asked them and they went wild.

after finishing my greatest hits i jogged off of stage feeling out of breath and was pulled into an immediate hug and was congratulated by my amazing boyfriend and my amazing best friend.

once i got into my dressing room i uploaded a photo of me what gary took of me on stage.

'i just made my comeback to the grammy stage, it was magical. and i wore a outfit inspired by many of my uncle's outfits.. he liked to wear outfits with material embroidered on the front in perfect squiggly lines!'

after i got changed into my dress cole, skeet and i walked out to the seats and we sat front row.

"and the nominees for record of the year are...." the presenter says as the nominees come up on the screen.
"the winner is...." they trail off "BRUNO MARS 24K MAGIC!!!" they shout and everyone claps.

i smile brightly and clap in respect to a fellow friend in the industry.

more awards were given out and then it got around to me.
"and the nominees for best music video are..." james corden read out and the nominees popped up, including me.

"and the winner is.." james smiled as he flipped open the card "ROYAL JACKSON WITH HER MUSIC VIDEO 'Cole Sprouse'" he cheered and everyone else cheered.
i laughed and stood up as everyone cheered.
i couldn't believe it! tears came to my eyes as i immediately turned to cole and brought him into a huge hug as everyone clapped, while the song played through the speakers, we swayed and i rubbed his back as the tears came down my face. i then turned to give skeet a quick kiss and hug and i them went to the stage and walked up the steps carefully so i didn't trip in my heels.
i got to the stand and james handed me my award and hugged me as he congratulated me.
"wow!!" i said as 'cole sprouse' stopped playing slowly.

"this is amazing!! i can't thank everyone enough!" i gasped "this is a song.. a music video, that isn't even a single. yet it flew to number one and has been doing extremely well!" i say and everyone cheered "i feel very honoured to have such a successful song even though it wasn't supposed to be successful, i released it for cole. and anyone else who has a best friend!" i smiled and everyone cheered even louder

"which brings me to my next and final point.. i want to say a big thank you to my best friend. the man who inspired this song!" i say and point down to cole "thank you so much for being the most amazing best friend cole, i love you so much!" i sniffled and smiled widely.
i bow to the crowd as they cheer me on and smiled shyly.
i walk off stage waving to the crowd and pass olivia my grammy award who then takes it to my dressing room, i walk out of the side exit and go straight to my seat again.

after more awards and more performances another category i was nominated in popped up.

"and the winner of song of the year iiiisssss...." she trailed off "READY FOR IT, ROYAL JACKSON!"

"knew he was a killer first time that i saw him wondering how many girls he had loved and left haunted, but if he's a ghost then i can be a phantom holding him for ransom, ransom" my song started playing as i stood and everyone cheered for me. again, i hugged and kissed skeet as cole hugged me and kissed me on my cheek.

i went up to the stage smiling brightly and holding my dress up slightly so i could walk properly.
i took the award smiling, i was going to speak into the microphone but everyone started screaming louder making me giggle shyly and step back from the stand. i nod and smile at everyone.

"thank you." i say in the microphone "winning song of the year for, essentially, my proper comeback single feels so amazing. this single was the start of a whole body of work.. and i feel so proud and honoured that you all love it as much as i do." i say and everyone claps
"i'd like to thank my record label; epic records, for being so patient with me and understanding why i couldn't bring myself to release a full studio album since 2009, i'm thankful they had the patience with me." i smiled "thank you to my manager, olivia, for always having faith in me and pushing me to be my best."

"as a woman in the music industry, people, especially the general public, can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact women can and will write their own songs. i've seen many artists up here tonight thank their producers, music video directors and song writers... but tonight, for me winning this award, i have no professional collaborator to thank except myself." i held my head up highly and everyone claps "i wrote this song on my own, i produced the song as well as producing my vocals, i directors and produced the music video. so i am extremely proud of this album.
i wanted to make sure that my new album had only me to credit." i look around as people clap while i speak

"if you look in the credits to all my songs on this album, there is only my name there, except from my uncle michael's name on Price Of Fame in the written credits and producing credits, and that's because it was written in the late 80s. that is the only other person on my writing credits." i squeeze onto my grammy as i speak and people cheer "so it's a honour that my uncle's name is the only name i share my work with." i smiled "i had something to probe with this album. that women don't need anyone to be successful. i only ever need myself, i wrote every track on this album except one, and i produced every track on this album. this album was a slap in the face to all the sexist.. misogynistic men out there who pick my talents apart and say i've never written a song in my life..." i pause for a second as the auditorium goes quiet too "like hun," i grin "check every single song i've ever brought out, my name is slapped all over that shit, i've written the song 100%, produced it 100%, and most likely directed the music video." i grin as everyone cheers

"thank you everyone." i nod at them laughing slightly "thank you for making me dreams possible. have a good night!" i say and wave at everyone.

i leave the stage and meet cole and skeet back here for we can head straight home.