.high contrast.

JIMIN POV

Amaria looks sad as she sits on the couch. Her shoulders slump and her facial expressions are somber.

I know that she really cares about Demetrius. But he isn't healthy for her. He's manipulating her in all the worst ways. The fact that her response to him pushing her was that she pushed him first is proof of that.

No, she shouldn't have pushed him. But she's small. He could inflict a lot more damage to her than she could to him with the same amount of force used. She doesn't need to be in this situation.

I can't stop thinking about the hypothetical. If Kailo had been here, I'd be arrested. Demetrius isn't that much bigger than me. It wouldn't take much effort at all to beat his ass. Him pushing Amaria already has me heated. Putting his hands on a woman, what's wrong with him?

My son's mother, no less.

I calm myself down before I reach the point irrational thinking and do something that I shouldn't.

"What did you have to talk to me about?" Her voice comes out quiet. I barely hear her from where I'm standing. I walk into the living room.

I forgot my original purpose for being over here. It was lost at the sight of the police on her porch.

"Was Demetrius here to see Kailo yesterday?" I ask her. Yujin said that she overheard it being a late time. But that doesn't add up. He wasn't here then.

"He came the other night. He stayed the night and my mother came to get Kailo the next morning."

"So you had him in the house with my son after I asked you not to do that?" I narrow my eyes at her and she puts her head in her hands and sighs. "Are you seeing the problem here?"

"Yes. I know. I'm sorry. I'm trying, Jimin. It's just.. I'm..." Her voice cracks but she quickly composes herself. She takes a minute before her face becomes stoic. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again." She says as she stares at the blank TV ahead of her.

She sounds tired, monotone. I take the time to look at her. Really look at her. She looks exhausted as always, worse today than the last time I saw her. I don't mean just the lack of sleep kind of exhausted.

"Amaria?"

"Hm?" She looks at me.

"Are you okay?" I ask her, genuinely. I know that she isn't but I also don't know the entirety of what's going on in her head. She gulps and nods.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just tired." She says as she stands up. That's always the response. She's tired. Always tired. I'm starting to ask myself in what way does she mean that exactly?

"Are you going to be okay here by yourself?" I watch as she goes into the kitchen. She starts wiping down the clean counters and table.

"Yes. I have a video shoot to go to today anyway."

"For Normani, right?"

She gives me a small smile, surprised. "I told you that?"

"Yes. You were excited about it. How did yesterday's filming go?"