Chapter 9: Midterms preparations (Part 1)

(Important notes in the after chapter, please read. As it is part of the novel moving forward)

I arrived at school a bit late due to my small celebration last night. As I arrive in the classroom I saw that Hirata was heading at the podium and is about to address the class.

"Everyone as we all know, the midterms are coming up" he said in a grave tone, making the atmosphere tense. Letting it sink for moment before he continues

"Therefore we should have a study group as some of us are below the red line" he said in which some perked up and giving some life in the classroom.

Although I agree in the study group, I doubt it would make everyone join in or at least help those who are at the very bottom. Since our class isn't necessary the most cohesive one, and the people who can teach are only Kushida, Hirata, Horikita, Yukimura and Me. With that line up we would have the hardest one Hirata would be swarmed by the girls side and Kushida would probably pay more attention to her friends Yukimura isn't really a social one he might have a hard time in a large group. And Horikita, well seeing as she rates herself highly and add on to her icy way of teaching I doubt most will listen to her. That is if she joins the group but chances are she wouldn't as she from the start of the school hasn't even talked or interacted with anyone.

And not only is the tutors would have a problem but the learners as well. As from the looks of it most are loners and are not necessary social to other, chances are most will join but will be ignored by most and will just follow the lesson but without the attention placed to themselves. And looking at the others as well, such as Sudo who is still sleeping even when he arrived early seems carefree even thought expulsion is on the line. So does Koenji but he is one of the top graders in this class he had the second highest score but from the looks of it he can score higher but didn't, chances are he only would move on a whim and him teaching isn't really something he would do. And even if he did it will turn badly as his attitude doesn't necessary helpful.

'Oh my, cant you understand this little problem. Then let me show you how it is solve like the perfect human i am' accompanied by him laughing, I imagined

While debating all possible outcome, Hirata continued

"I And Yukimura-kun will be teaching I hope everyone would join us later after school" he said causing some to cheer and thank Hirata.

I glanced at Horikita and found her looking at her phone, which is a surprise since she never did it before especially in class. With that class went on,

~Time Skip: Lunch~

*Bell Rings*

Lunch time began and everyone started to leave, I looked over and noticed that Horikita doesn't have a lunch box prepared today.

'Weird' I thought but not giving it another thought and proceeding to go outside

Fuka-sempai said that contact with other school year will be closely monitored by the school so that no additional information will go out. Maybe there is something more in store for us, as I was thinking about the schools many mysteries I felt a hand grab my sleeves looking over I saw Kushida.

"Is there something you need, Kushida?" I asked turning her way

"Um, Satoru-Kun There is something I like to talk about. Could you join me for lunch?" She asked with her head slightly up turned