Chapter 1: Daughter Of All Sorts

1820, New Orleans

1820, New Orleans

Eight-year-old Cameron Mikaelson sat in the drawing room of the compound, besides her father as he taught her how to draw.

"That's very nice." He said lightly, tracing her gust of wind that she'd drawn with his fingertip, "A gust of wind."

"Because of my windy powers."
It was true, she was quite talented in art for her age, making Klaus take all the credit. Uncle Elijah said it had nothing to do with Niklaus, and was her own natural talent.

"And thank you, daddy." Cameron said, her voice soft and young.

He placed a kiss on her forehead, "Me, Aunt Rebekah and Uncle Elijah are soon to leave. You will be cared for by Juliette." He spoke to her, "Cameron, are you even listening to me?"

"Yes, daddy." She murmured, still painting and paying no interest to her father.

Klaus rolled his eyes and stood, "I'll be home soon."

"Wait where are you going?!" She exclaimed, jumping from her seat and now paying him interest.

Klaus turned around with a smirk,
"Now you're paying attention, hm?" He asked, "Me, Elijah and Rebekah are leaving. We'll be home in not long."

"No!" Cameron cried, coming to her father's side and holding his hand, trying to pull him back, "Stay with me!"

Klaus sighed and bent to one knee, down to his daughter's height,
"I would if I could. But Uncle Elijah is making me go to 'pay my respects'." Klaus said, "You needn't worry. It wouldn't be for long."

"No, daddy. I said no." She exclaimed, grasping Klaus's arm and siphoning him, making him let out a yell in agony.

"ENOUGH!" He yelled, getting her to stop, "Must you always do that when you don't get your own way every other blue moon?"

Cameron smiled, "So you're not going?"

Klaus looked at her as if she was joking, "Early night for you. Don't do that again or else I'll make it shorter." He said.

"Daddy, no! Please!" She began to tug on his hand again, "What if you don't come back!?"

Klaus placed his hand on the side of her cheek, "Why would you think that?"

"Because."

Klaus shook his head, "I swear on every star in the universe that I'll come home to you. I always will. Don't be foolish." He stood, "Stay with Juliette."

"But she smells."
"Cameron. Be nice."
He then walked out.

Cameron crossed her arms and sulked, stomping over to the couch and slouching on it. She counted to 60 in her head, then heard the horse of the carriage trot off. She began to kick her legs back and forth.

"Three-hundred and sixty-two seconds, three-hundred and sixty-three seconds, three-hundred and sixty-four seconds, three-hundred and sixty-five seconds." After counting, she yawned, "Three-hundred and sixty-six, three-hundred and sixty-sev..."

She began to drift of into her slumber. Then got tapped on the shoulder which made her bolt up.

It was Juliette. Gross.

"Ew! Why did you do that?" Cameron asked, brushing her shoulder, "I'm telling daddy. He'll get so angry at you for waking me up." She lent over to Juliette who stood above her and hissed, "He makes people disappear."

"Actually, Lady Cameron, your father Master Niklaus was the one who ordered I shouldn't let you slumber. He said it'd be intolerable to put you to sleep this evening."

"Hm. Well, I don't believe you." Cameron said, sitting up and crossing her legs. Keeping her arms crossed, "And Uncle Elijah puts me to sleep. Not daddy."

"I doubt he'd like to deal with it either." Juliette said, picking up a carved chess piece her father once made for Rebekah.

"Don't touch that!" Cameron yelled at her, smacking it out of her hands, "That's not yours!"
She looked at her favourite belonging,
"Its mine so back off or I'll have you fired."

She stomped out and to her bedroom where she laid on her bed and curled into a ball. She didn't care what her family thought. She was sleepy, so she was going to sleep.

But she was shaken awake what felt like seconds (but actually was 3 hours) later. It was Elijah,
"No, Uncle Elijah..." she groaned, "I don't wanna wake up."

"Excellent. But you fell asleep with your clothes on." He told her lightly.

She looked down at her outfit,
"Oh yeah." She giggled.

Elijah chuckled, adoring the cuteness of his niece,
"Rebekah will has new nightwear  in her bedroom. She brought them for you this morning."

"Oh okay." Cameron said, standing up, "Can we still read more Sleeping Beauty after I change? We haven't finished it yet!"

"I thought you were tired." Elijah spoke, kindly.

"Now you woke me up I'm not. And I only get tired when we read at bedtime." Cameron said, "I'll be back."

She went out her room, and walked to Rebekah's.
"Aunt Rebekah," she knocked on the door.

Rebekah was sat in her own nighty, folding her hairpiece from earlier that day in cloth,
"Oh hello, Princess." She smiled at her, "I'm assured you came for your nighty?" She took out a box. Cameron came over.

After some talk with Rebekah, Cameron left the room in her new nightwear to hear a young boy in the courtyard

After some talk with Rebekah, Cameron left the room in her new nightwear to hear a young boy in the courtyard. She furrowed her eyebrows, stopped, and looked down.

"Wow. This place is ginormous." He said, looking around and admiring, "I'm not sure if I'll remember where I'm going, sir."

"You do not have to call me sir, Marcellus. Call me Klaus." He told him as they both smiled at each over. The boy then made eye contact with Cameron who's arms were crossed on the railing as her chin laid there.

"Well, Klaus..." He then pointed at Cameron.

He turned around and saw his daughter who smiled and waved at Marcellus,
"Who's that, daddy?"

"Cameron, you're supposed to be asleep." Klaus said, looking up at her.

"I was about to then I heard you and that boy." Cameron said, "Hi!"

"Hello..." he said shyly, his shoulders tensed closely into each over.

Klaus sighed, "Cameron this is Marcellus. Marcellus, this is my daughter Cameron. She's a couple years younger than yourself."

"Why is Marcellus here?" Cameron asked.

"He's going to be staying here now." Klaus said. Marcel's eyes lit. "Is that alright?"

"Of course." Cameron grinned.