Chapter 24: My Father, My Soul

Alaric broke the locks off and opened the doors to several of the storage units

Alaric broke the locks off and opened the doors to several of the storage units. After not being able to find Klaus' body in any of them, he heard the elevator bell ding and Cameron come out of the elevator.

She was coming to meet with Damon to get her father back.
"Damon! Damon, where are you?" She called out.

Alaric pulled out the white oak stake and began to walk towards Cameron's voice and the sound of her heels on the stone floor.
She continued to search for Damon, walking around corners.

"Damon, this isn't funny!" She said.
Cameron walked down a line of storage units while Alaric continued to search for her. She continued walking down a row and was suddenly grabbed from behind by Damon, who covered her mouth so she won't scream. She pulled her back so they were hidden behind a unit.

"Cameron. Shh." He whispered.

Alaric continued searching for Cameron, but stopped in front of storage unit 1020 and saw that the lock has been broken off. He opened the unit door, but Klaus' casket was gone. In another part of the warehouse, Cameron and Damon were wheeling Klaus' casket to a car, but Alaric came out of nowhere, grabbed Cameron and slammed her head against her car, then threw her to the ground. Damon rushed at Alaric but Alaric kicked him out of his way. Alaric opened the casket and pulled out the white oak stake. Klaus' eyes flew open. Cameron rushed to get up.

"No!"
"No, don't!" Exclaimed Damon.
"No! No! No!" She screamed as Alaric staked Klaus in the heart. Klaus gasped. Damon grabbed Cameron so that she can't run to the casket. Klaus' body was set aflame. Cameron continued to scream and cry.

Alaric turned around, "Next."

"Cameron, run. Run!"

Damon pushed Cameron towards the opposite direction and she ran off. Damon rushed towards Alaric to distract him, but Alaric threw him to the ground and zoomed off in search of Cameron.
~

She'd gotten away. Damon had informed everyone of Klaus' death. Rebekah and Elijah met in the woods in tears,
"He's gone, Elijah." Rebekah cried as they met each other's embrace.

"Tyler Lockwood is dead, but the rest survived. You said that Niklaus turned their bloodline." Elijah questioned.

"I thought he did." Rebekah spoke.

"It wasn't me, it wasn't Kol. It wasn't Camerona." Elijah stated.

"It wasn't me, Elijah. It was Niklaus, I'm sure of it." Rebekah said.

"Then how are they still alive?"

"Who cares at this point?" Rebekah sniffled, clearing her tears, "Where's Cameron? I told her to meet us here."

"I have no idea. Her father just died, I suppose we should show her some flexibility with time."

Rebekah shook her head, "What is something happened to her?"

"I'm sure she's fine, Rebekah."
~

Cameron wasn't fine however.

She was full of anger. Rage. Vengeance.

Tears ran down her face in both grief and fury as she walked down the middle of Wickery bridge. Her ankles nearly rolling every time.

Elena and Matt drove back to Mystic Falls.
"I need to call Stefan, but my phone is dying." Elena complained.

Matt pulled out his phone, "Here. Use mine."

Matt handed over his phone as they drove towards the Wickery Bridge.
"Thanks." Elena said, taking it. She then looked up and saw a figure standing in the middle of the road, "Matt, look out!"

Cameron gave an evil half smirk.

Matt tried to drive around her but with a simple flick of her fingers, Cameron sent the truck flying over the guardrail and into the water.

She heard them scream the way down. Alaric dies when Elena does. This was the only way. And it was revenge.

She could've done something but Damon held her back. Was it to protect Alaric? No. It was to protect Elena.

Now Elena will die just as her father did.