Chapter 14: Join A Group

Elijah forced Cameron to come and meet with the Salvatores and Elena

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah said.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan said.

Cameron couldn't help but give him stares the whole time. He noticed but disregarded them, understanding her disliking for him.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah said.

Damon came in,
"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon..." Stefan spoke.
"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena said.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon said.

"It's not an option, Damon." Elena said.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Cameron told them, still leaning on the pillar as Elijah stood and began to walk towards something.

"The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Cameron explained.

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asked.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah said, picking up a box, "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death."

Damon looked at Elena. Stefan took Elena's hand. She looked at him. Elijah opened the box and took a jar from it.

"And that's where you come in." Elena said to Elijah.

He took the bottle out the box.
"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." Elijah said. Even the thought of Katherine or her name was just both painful and disgusting for Cameron to listen to. Especially being in the same room as the dude she left her for.

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asked.

"And then you won't." Elijah added.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon asked, he looked at Elena, "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work." Cameron said.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?" Damon asked.