Chapter 19: Manipulator, Killer, Beauty, Interrogator.

It was the next morning

It was the next morning. Klaus had set out his daughter to do some digging out from the mayor. White oak was out there. And they wanted to destroy it.

Cameron met with Carol Lockwood at The Grill,
"Thank you, for meeting with me, mayor." Cameron thanked as she sat opposite her, "I figured as head of the Preservation Society you'd be a good person to ask about the oldest trees in this community."

"A long line of Lockwood women used to keep those records. Back before any of them had actual jobs." Carol said.

Cameron smiled at her flatteringly, "My aunt has been to the Founders' archive but she can't seem to find any record of the tree she's looking for."

"It probably got cut down." Carol suggested, "Big old trees built half this town in the 1900s."

Cameron glared at the Salvatore Brothers as they walked in,
"Ooh, she-devil, 9 o'clock." Damon commented, smirking at her.

Cameron looked back at Carol once they had walked to the bar,
"Do you happen to know who kept the milling ledgers during that period?" She asked.

"Back then, all the logging kills were owned by the Salvatores." Carol told her.

Great- Cameron thought. She was clear to annoyance in her face, but shook it off for a fake, flattering smile at Carol. It then dropped when she looked at Stefan and Damon.

Finally, she looked back at Carol,
"Well thank you for your time, Mayor Lockwood. I think I know all I need to." She then stood up and headed towards the brothers who were talking about the Founding Families murder case.

"At least in 1912, they killed a Salvatore." Damon told his brother.

"And which Salvatore would that be?" Cameron asked, adding herself to the conversation as she stood behind them.
~~

Cameron had been sat next to them as they told her information about the Salvatore Family, although not divulging any secret information as they did not trust her.

"So, Zachariah Salvatore was your nephew?" Asked Cameron.

"Well, our father knocked up one of the maids during the Civil war. She had a son. But as far as everyone else knew, Stefan and I were dead. The family name had to go somewhere." Damon explained.

"And your family owned the logging mills back then?" She interrogated.

"You're full of a lot of questions." Damon commented.

"Just researching the town history. My family grew up here, after all." Cameron said.

"You know, you don't have to disguise your true motives, ravishing Ronnie." Damon said, rather drunkly, "If you want more sex from Steffie, just ask for it. Sure he wouldn't mind hitting it again."

Stefan pointed his glass at Damon, "Didn't you sleep with Rebekah the same night?"

Cameron took a bottle, "Damon, there is not enough liquor in the world."