Chapter 9: Katherine Pierce

Louisiana, 1939

Louisiana, 1939

She knew he was alive. He had to be.
She was in the French Quarter for the first time in 20 years and went to Rousseau's. A typical Marcel place.

She walked in, keeping her head held high. She then saw him. She didn't know what she expected but she was speechless. He was laughing and drinking with his friends.

"And what do I do to traitors? Lock em in the garden, that's the only way for it!" Marcel roared as his friends laughed loudly.

He then turned and clinked shot glasses with the guy to his left and took a shot, as did the vampires around him.
Lowering his head and about to put the shot glass on the table, he caught glimpse of her. Once he did, he stared right back at the woman in the doorway. They made eye contact, both not believing their eyes.

Marcel put the glass on the table, "Excuse me. I'll be back." He said, hitting a guy's back friendlily and walking off as the vampires continued to laugh and drink.

He cautiously walked back towards her. She took tiny steps doing the same until they were face to face.
She reached out and touched his cheek to make sure she wasn't dreaming. And he was very much real. He gently took her hand as it slipped back away.

"Marcellus." She said lightly. Quickly, they found each other in each other's embrace. In the tightest hug they've ever held.

"Camerona." He replied, pulling out with his hands on her cheeks.

She smiled, "You're alive..."

"It appears I am." He smiled back at her as they both laughed, "Shouldn't you be half way across the globe?"

"I suppose. But I knew. I knew you were alive I just needed to be assured." Cameron said, "And I was right!"

"You usually are." His smile then dropped, "God... Klaus is probably on your tail. You need to go. Not to be selfish but you're the only Mikaelson who knows I'm not dead. I can't have him here, you understand, don't you?"

"Of course I do." She nodded.

He sighed, looking at her, "Why? Why'd you run?"

She shook her head, "Being a Mikaelson isn't as glamorous as it's put out to be. You know." He nodded, "And I met someone. It was them or him. I picked them."

He chuckled, "So who's the lucky guy? Might as well tell me. We'll most likely not meet again for centuries."

She gulped, looking around, "Marcel..."

"Orrr girl?" He said, "I won't judge you, sister."

She couldn't hide her small smile, "Remember that Katerina Petrova woman? That Klaus told us ruined his life?"

"Yeah." Marcel said. He then looked at Cameron's eyes, getting the message, "Cameron... you didn't."

"You said you wouldn't judge." She hissed.