Chapter 3: Another Lesson?

It was four years later

It was four years later. Marcellus was 15, and Cameron 13. 1825.

Klaus instructed as he taught Rebekah and Marcel the arts of fencing,
"Attaque au fer. Now a counter-parry." He said as his daughter entered. Klaus lent against a pillar with his arms crossed while Cameron stood to his side, looking rather hurt as she rubbed her arms.

"A hit! Plapable hit!" Said Klaus. The duo then stopped and took of their masks for a conversation.

He turned to Cameron and took her arms gently. He looked at her with care as her face shown with fright, misery and agony.
"It's hurting again, isn't it, my love?" He tutted.

She nodded, sniffling, "What is happening to me? It doesn't stop hurting, father."

"I'll find a witch. Get them to help you." Klaus said. This didn't relief Cameron's alarm, however, "I swear on every star that'll find a way to help you."

Cameron nodded, taking back her arms, "It's only gotten worse over the past four years."

"I know, sweetheart. It'll be okay. You'll be okay."
Cameron then fell into her father's arms, hugging him. He held her to him, his arms around her as he rubbed her arm.

Klaus kissed the crown of her head,
"Daddy'll take care of it."
~~

It was dark evening in 1826

It was dark evening in 1826. Cameron's room lit a warm orange-yellow colour from the lanterns decorated around her bedroom.

She sat on the sofa at the end of her bed, reading a book. A grasp of hair from her left fell to her side, stroking the pages as she turned them.

"Cameron." Klaus came in, a woman in ropes following him.

"Dad?! What are you doing?" Cameron asked, standing up.

"Well, my love, this is Fiona. Say hi, Fiona!" Klaus turned to the woman who gulped and waved. Cameron hesitantly waved back. "She's a witch. And she's semi-agreed to find out what the issue is."

"Daddy, many witches have tried. They cannot decode it. It's been 5 years. I can live with the pain."

"You're 14 and will live many more lifetimes. If you think I'm letting you live it in pain, you couldn't be more wrong."