Chapter 2: My New Friend

Marcel and Cameron climbed up a tree, giggling and joking

Marcel and Cameron climbed up a tree, giggling and joking. Marcellus had been there for a month now.

Cameron loved it. Having a friend her around her own age as she was 8 and he 10. Marcel was funny, kind and adventurous. Like her.

However, when they weren't playing, they were receiving schooling from Elijah who was always firm on educating Cameron- and now Marcellus.

Elijah was much more strict to her. Marcel didn't know much due to being a slave. He couldn't read, he couldn't write very well either. But he knew the piano slightly.

Cameron was highly educated. Could read effortlessly, could write perfectly and play all types on instruments because of the help she received. She loved to help Marcel get better, not only to help him- but to secretly get Elijah off her back.

"I wonder how far up we could go." Marcellus said, looking up.

"Most likely to the top." Cameron said, looking up also, "Don't do it, however. It'd be too dangerous, Marcellus!"

Marcel smirked at her and began to climb higher.
"Marcel! Be careful you don't fall!" She exclaimed.

"I won't fall." Marcel chuckled, climbing four branches above her- nearly to the top.

"Ima stop here. It's pretty high." He spoke, looking down.

"Haha!" Cameron laughed at him, "Quitter."

"Fine," Marcel said, jumping back to the branch on the other side of the body to her, "You do it then."

"Alright, I will." Cameron said sassily. She began to climb up and Marcel watched her. She got to the same branch he was on.

"See, easy peasy." Cameron said.

"No, you gotta get to the top or you're a hypocrite." Marcel stated.

Cameron rolled her eyes but climbed higher. Once she was two branches higher, there were three more to go.

"You're really high up!" Marcel spoke.

Elijah then came out, "Marcellus, Cameron-"

Cameron then slipped. Quickly, Elijah zoomed over and caught her.
"Cameron!" Marcel called as she fell.

Once she was in her uncle's arms, he put her down with a disappointed look. Marcellus jumped down too, but landed on his feet. They both shared a guilty look as they were not supposed to be in the tall tree.

"What on earth where you two doing in the tree when myself and Niklaus specifically forbid it?!" Elijah asked the lchildren.

They both looked at each over and gulped, then at Elijah,
"Erm..."
"Err... we didn't?" Cameron said, her voice going high pitched.

Elijah rolled his eyes and kissed her on the forehead, "Of you go, the pair of you. I'll meet you up there soon."
~~~

"~~~