Chapter 4: What I Am

1829

1829

It grew into October, 1829. She had turned 17 in June, and was still struggling to control her gift.

"It is not possible." Cameron gave up, flopping her hands on the table, wanting to give up.

"Yet it is." The witch from the New Orleans Coven spoke, "You are just not embracing your truth."

"Embracing my truth? You sound as if you're suggesting I massacre a whole state."

"Not quite what I meant, my lady." He said, standing, "I'll be sure to return tomorrow for another lesson. Until then, control."

Cameron rolled her eyes as he exited. Another character entered the study instead,
"Magic classes with Tinker Bell not going to plan, huh?" Marcel entered, a pep to his step as he seemed joyful to be mocking her failure, almost.

"Be quiet..." she looked him up and down, "Human."

He rolled his eyes and sat in the chair the witch did, opposite her, "Good evening, Lady Camerona. Today we will be teaching you magic you already have, but teaching it so you're not a loony like your papa." He mocked.

"Marcel!" Cameron laughed and he did also, "You cannot say that!"

"He didn't hear." Marcel chuckled.

"He most certainly did." Spoke another voice from the door. There Klaus stood with his arms crossed as he leant on the doorway, wearing a tiny smirk.

Cameron and Marcel looked at each other with wide eyes, then Marcel clicked his fingers on the table,
"Camerona. I just cannot believe you would've said such cruel things about your father."

"What?!" Cameron exclaimed.

"Yes, stop being so foul." Marcel stood from his seat and left chuckling. Cameron smirked at him as he left through the other door.

Klaus paced over to his daughter.
"Are you alright?" He asked her, "What did the witch say?"

"That I should embrace my truth. Witches aren't very fond of straight forward English." Cameron told him.

He nodded, "You'll find a way." He said, being a doting father. She placed her hand in his elegantly.

She put on a small smile, "I hope so."
~

Many mornings later, it had gone from October 2nd to October 15th. And there she awoke after being silently knocked out at the crack of dawn. Camerona found herself tied to a poll and fires were around her. Spells brewing as plenty of witches chanted.

Cameron looked at the woman who seemed to be the ring leader, "Who are you? What is going on?"

She looked towards Cameron. Her eyes were wide to the point they become borderline scary. Her hair was frizzed and circled and her ankles seemed to twist every few steps she took.

"Ah. The princess has awoken." She said, then began to laugh, "LAUGH WITH ME!" She yelled at the witches. Quickly and fearfully, they began to laugh too.

Cameron's expression held disturbance. She then shook her head, realising what the witches wanted to do,
"You cannot kill me. I'll just resurrect and become the original heretic. A witch and vampire."

"Yes, I am aware, but I'm hoping my spell here stops that." She skipped up the platform and to her face, "Camerona Cassidy Mikaelson. Your bastard father had the nerve to give you a witch's name."

"That witch just happened to be my mother, so watch your tongue." Clapped back Cameron.

'You're growing too powerful." The witch changed the subject, "We have to now kill you.'

'Oh.' Said Cameron 'At least you're straight to the point.'

'Perfect.' Said she, 'Now my sisters!'

They all began to chant a spell.
It was torture.
Her bones were stable but felt like they were snapping.
Her brain felt like it was exploding and her heart doing the same.

She had never been in such pain.
Her screams were almost shaking the earth.

Her lungs began to squeeze and finally, she took her last breath.
Camerona Mikaelson was now dead.

But not for long.
Obvs.

The Witches of this sudden coven were happy. Delighted that they had defeated the evil outbalancing nature, but in truth, they had only embraced it.

The Original Heretic.

Cameron then felt herself re-energising. The blackness she had just watched for minutes on end was now fading away, back into life.

The witches were confused as she awoke.
'What's going on?' Asked one.

Cameron grew the usual vampirism face, but with time with glowing white irises
'Oh my goodness...' Said Morticia 'You twisted the rules!'

'I did not twist your rules, they simply bent to my power.'
As a last move, Cameron let out a scream of magic.

It snapped the chains of her and killed everyone in the ritual.
Power is what ran through her veins.