𝐢𝐢. percy's walk down memory lane !

𝐒 𝐓 𝐀 𝐑   𝐖 𝐀 𝐑 𝐒   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝚃 𝚆 𝙾   !

( 𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔠𝔶'𝔰 𝔴𝔞𝔩𝔨 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔶 𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔢 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏 𝐉𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐑. For one, she didn't have the potential risk of dying every day hanging over her head. She got to learn how to defend herself and properly use the gifts her father had given her. Another would be the family-like bond with most of the people in her Cohort, or the really good food that the aurae served at dinner time.

But the biggest benefit would probably be that Aurora was cured of her fear of ghosts. And, in order to live at said camp, she would have to be, considering half of the population were ghosts. Well, Lares, if you want to get specific.

The souls of dead legionnaires drifted aimlessly around the camp, mindlessly floating through demigods without a care in the world. They were surrounded by a purple aura that made them seem almost like a hallucination (Aurora thought she had been hallucinating the first time she saw them). They used to do nothing but float around and annoy the campers, until Jason was chosen as praetor. He inspired the ghosts to do more than laze around all day long. Now, the spirits advised their chosen Cohorts and interacted with the legion members.

As they walked through the camp, the Lares would stop and stare at Percy. Some would gasp in shock, others would glare in anger, and some would disappear into thin air, uttering only a single word, "Graecus!" The Latin word for Greek, which to most Lares, was an insult of the highest rank. She didn't know why they were referring to Percy as a Greek, but she had a feeling she would find out sooner or later.

Hopefully sooner.

The boy seemed uneasy by all the attention, sticking between Aurora and Hazel in an attempt to seem inconspicuous. It wasn't working as well as he had hoped.

Finally, he spoke up. "Am I seeing things, or are those—?"

"Ghosts?" Hazel asked, finishing his sentence. Aurora noticed a few of the Lares turn their noses up at the name. They were sensitive about what names they were called. "They're Lares. House gods."

"House gods," Percy said. "Like . . . smaller than real gods, but larger than apartment gods?"

Aurora felt an amused smile stretch across her lips. The boy was a bit of an idiot, if she were being honest. Though, the humor was refreshing for her, that was for sure. She needed it after everything that's happened the past eight months. Normally Jason was her comic relief, but with him gone . . .