C H A P T E R ⟶ E I G H T

S T A R   W A R S

C H A P T E R   E I G H T

( attack of shrimpzilla )

⟶⭑🌣⭑⟵

          THE ARGO II raced across the waves, Leo using all his skills to keep the ship in one piece. Percy and Jason were a little too good at cooking up massive storms.

While Annabeth and Leo figured out coordinates, Piper did her best to help Aurora out by bringing her ambrosia and nectar. The daughter of Apollo technically didn't need it, but with her mind in a disarray, she didn't want to attempt healing herself. For all she knows, she could end up making the wound even bigger or giving herself some sort of plague. She would just have to allow the ambrosia and nectar to heal her while she tried to calm herself down to the best of her ability.

Piper handed her a square of ambrosia as she began to clean the injury, wiping away the blood and covering it with some bandage. Once she was done, and Aurora got over the initial shock of everything, she stood and made her way over to where Annabeth and Leo were conversing. 

"Percy says he talked to a Nereid in Charleston Harbor!" she shouted over the roar of the wind once she reached them.

"Good for him!" Leo yelled back.

"The Nereid said we should seek help from Chiron's brothers!"

"What does that mean? The Party Ponies?" Annabeth asked, brows furrowed. 

"Not sure," Aurora said. "But I've got coordinates. Can you input latitude and longitude in this thing?"

"I can input star charts and order you a smoothie, if you want. Of course I can do latitude and longitude!"

Aurora rattled off the numbers. Annabeth put them into the bronze display screen while Leo continued to steer the ship. Annabeth pulled a face as a red dot popped up on the screen. "That location is in the middle of the Atlantic."

"Do the Party Ponies had a yacht?" Leo asked.

Aurora shrugged helplessly, not even knowing who these Party Ponies were. "Just hold the ship together until we get farther from Charleston."

"Jason! Percy! Keep up the winds!" Sarah shouted at them, overhearing the conversation.

"Happy fun time!"

It seemed like forever, but finally the sea calmed and the winds died. Aurora was sitting against the steps to the upper deck, her head spinning with thoughts of what Reyna had said. She couldn't believe that her camp was willing to kill innocent lives because of one event caused by Gaea. It hurt her heart to know the lengths they'll go to get vengeance. She knew that the Romans took an attack on them seriously, but Aurora couldn't believe they'd take it this far. Percy told her that kids could be as young as seven when they first got to camp. Seven. That was too young for a Roman to kill.