C H A P T E R ⟶ F O U R

S T A R   W A R S

C H A P T E R   F O U R

( welcome to the fifth )

⟶⭑🌣⭑⟵

          PERCY WAS PRETTY sure he knew Nico di Angelo. He didn't know how he knew him, or when it was that he met him, but there was this feeling in his gut that this kid had been a part of his life at some point in time. There was a sadness pulling at the back of his mind, like the reason he knew the kid was because of some tragedy, but he tried to push the thoughts away as much as he could when he noticed both Hazel and Aurora eyeing the two boys nervously.

Hazel looked like she had just introduced two nuclear bombs while Aurora held a curious look in her cerulean eyes. Those eyes that he found himself getting lost in or thinking about in moments of silence.

Gods, Percy. You just met her. Calm down! You don't even know if you have a girlfriend—or boyfriend—waiting for you! You can't be falling for someone new!

But it was hard not to. Aurora had been so welcoming and kind to him, while also being able to keep up with his dumb questions and sarcastic comments. She had taken time to explain things to him and stand up for him when he had to meet with Reyna. She was also incredibly relatable and comforting to be around. The amount of times he had had to fight a blush that day from her grabbing his hand or smiling at him was too many to count.

Swallowing, he shook the thoughts from his head and focused back on Nico, brows furrowing. He scowled. "I—I know you."

Nico raised a brow. "Do you?" He asked, turning to Hazel for an explanation.

Hazel hesitated. It was like she knew that something about Nico's reaction wasn't right. Percy had a feeling the boy was attempting to act casual, but he had seen the way the son of Pluto had reacted when he first saw him. There was a momentary look of panic. Why? Percy didn't know. But he knew it had been there, even if Nico didn't admit it himself.

It seemed like Hazel was forcing herself to speak. "Um. . . Percy's lost his memory." She told her brother what had happened since Percy arrived at the gates, Aurora chipping in every once in a while. "So, Nico. . ." She continued carefully. "I thought. . . you know, you travel all over. Maybe you've met demigods like Percy before. . ."

Percy was hopeful for less than a second. Because as soon as the words left Hazel's mouth, Nico's expression turned dark. Almost as if he was silently telling Hazel to drop the subject before she even got into it. Percy glanced towards Aurora, who was watching Nico with careful, inquisitive eyes.

He watched the girl carefully, taking notice of the way she pulled her lower lip between her teeth when she was concentrating on something. Her eyes were such a brilliant shade of blue that matched the sky. He found it hard to look away from her when Nico started talking again.