nini panini

1.o2

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐀'𝐒, she was always instructed to go straight back to the apartment she shared with Rai

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐀'𝐒, she was always instructed to go straight back to the apartment she shared with Rai. It wasn't too far from Vanya's, but the walk always made her nervous. It wasn't exactly the nicest neighborhood, but it wasn't the worst one.

With relief, Nini buzzed a specific pattern for apartment 4D. Moments later she was in her building, climbing up the stairs in silence to the forth floor. This was her daily exercise.

She jammed her key in the door when she reached her apartment. Music could already be heard, most likely from Rai blasting the glowing Bluetooth speaker they shared. She could smell sizzling ground beef through the door, which meant tacos. Taco Tuesday.

Rai and Nini wanted to have fun colors and murals all over the walls of the apartment, but they were renters. Anything they did that would be permanent would cost them money. So they saved all their fun painting ideas and settled for funky decorations.

Nini loved it. There were plastic animals everywhere and different colored furniture. None of their kitchen appliances matched or their silverware. It felt home, her own home.

"Hey, Nini!" Rai said happily, her voice loud before she reached over and turned the speaker down, "How was school? How was Vonnie's?"

The girl disappeared through a door that led to her small, but quaint bedroom and set her backpack by the door, "Good. I learned Hot Cross Buns in the right sounds, Vanya was proud. What'd you do today?"

"I picked up a shift at the restaurant," the older woman began as Nini sat on the teal couch and flicked the TV on, looking for the news. Their cat, Mouse, jumped up on the couch and Nini scratched her behind the ears, "Got some good tips. I went to the bookstore, worked for a while and bought a book I thought you'd like it's on your pillow, I can't remember what it's about. I came home , sat around for a while, then started dinner."

Nini nodded, eyes trained on the news. She liked keeping up to date on everything going, even if people her "age" weren't very interested. It was the usual laws and bills in the process of either being vetoed or passed, people missing, your typical miracle happening, murders, new dogs in the shelter, sales at stores.

Their regularly scheduled programming was interesting, drawing the attention of both women. Nini sat straighter and Rai paused in her stirring, "Breaking news Moments ago, police reported the death of the most eccentric and reclusive billionaire. Reginald Hargreeves was found dead in his home..."

Nini turned around to look at Rai with wide eyes.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·