abyss

1.1o

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐄 in her system amd the cloudy sky beginning to lighten, Nini passed out on Five's childhood bed

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐄 in her system amd the cloudy sky beginning to lighten, Nini passed out on Five's childhood bed. Her dreams were filled with white cages and flames, but she looked peaceful to Five after Vanya had left until Klaus decided to be loud and disturb her.

"That's so... touching!" Klaus gasped loudly. Nini stirred and inhaled gently, groaning at the ache in her head. She rolled over and opened her eyes, seeing Klaus in an ugly shirt. "All that stuff about family and Dad and time. Wow! Good morning, Nini Panini."

"Morning."

"Would you shut up?" Five hisses. "She'll hear you."

"I'm moist!"

Nini moaned softly as she slowly sat up, her head spinning. She held her throbbing head in her hands, willing the pain away as much as she could. Please stop, please stop.

Klaus glanced at her in concern. "Maybe she should sit this one out."

"She will." Five glanced Klaus over, eyeing his black, frilly dress shirt with red trim and white buttons. "I thought I told you to put on something professional."

Klaus gasped quietly in mock shock, placing a hand over his heart for dramatic effect. Nini laid back down and let her eyes flutter closed, listening in. "What? This is my nicest outfit."

"You look okay." She muttered.

"Exactly!" He exclaims. "So what's the problem?"

Five sigh3. and shook his head lightly, beginning to walk away. "We'll raid the old man's closet."

Klaus followed closely behind the teenager, their voices fading away, but still loud enough fir her to hear. "Whatever, as long as I get paid."

"When the job is done."

"Okay, but just so we're clear on the finer details," Klaus says. "I just gotta go into this place, and pretend to be your dear old dad, correct?"

"Something like that."

"What's your cover story?" Klaus asked.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I mean, was I really young when I had you? Like, 16? Like, young and... terribly misguided?"

"Sure."

"You're mother, that slut. Whoever she was. We met at... the disco! Okay? Remember that," Klaus snaps his fingers. "Oh my God, the sex was amaaaaaaaazing."

"What a disturbing glimpse into that thing you call a brain."

"Don't make me put you in time out!"

Their voices faded away and left Nini in a peaceful silence. Without their consciousnesses buzzing around, it was easier for her to fall asleep.