tripley awkward

1.o5

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 muggy and rainy

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 muggy and rainy. Nini loved the rain, but not the chill that came with it. She burrowed further into her coat, but held her hand up to catch water droplets in her hand outside of her umbrella. Five, who was to her left, glanced at her.

"Whenever you're ready, dear boy." Pogo told Luther when he approached. Pogo was a talking ape. Rai told her all about him and their mother, Grace. Nini had met them both earlier, and they seemed to meet the high standards Rai praised them at. For fun, the Fallon girl had tried to dig around in the robots head, but to no avail. Nini knew that Grace had a conscious in there somewhere — it was just hard to find.

Luther was out in the rain without an umbrella, holding the urn that held his father's ashes in them. He looked solemnly at the ground. The giant opened the urn and turned it over, the cremated remains of Reginald Hargreeves falling to the wet ground in a clump. Everyone remained silent for a moment before he looked at them, "Probably would've been better with some wind."

Nini cringed, awkward.

For a moment, only the pitter-patter of the rain could be heard before Pogo spoke up, "Does anyone wish to speak?"

A stiff silence followed and Delphini could convey one thought between most of the siblings, The bastard doesn't deserve them.

"Very well," Pogo uttered and Nini cringed again, doubly awkward, "In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master... and my friend, and I shall miss him very much... He leaves behind a complicated legacy — "

"He was a monster," Diego cut off, brooding in yhe rain without an umbrella. Klaus let out a small laugh at his statement, "He was a bad person and a worse father. The world's better off without him."

"Diego." Allison said firmly.

"My name is Number Two," he uttered, "You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had Mom do it. Hell, Rai came here with a name and he still called her Number Eight."

"Leave me out of this." Rai snapped to Nini's right.

Grace interrupted, her beautiful face hopeful, "Would anyone like something to eat?"

"No, it's okay, Mom."

"Oh, okay."

Diego began stepping towards Luther and Nini could tell something bad was about to happen, "Look, you wanna pay your respects? Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

"You should stop talking now." Luther warned, voice low.

"You know, you of all people should be on my side here, Number One," Diego antagonized. Luther warned him again, but Diego continued, "After everything he did to you? He had to ship you a million miles away."