including delphini

1.19

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 car seemed to only be awkward to Nini

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 car seemed to only be awkward to Nini. Stuffed in the back seat as a grown woman caused a sense of indignity to rise inside of her. When Five brought up the topic of seniority, she causally reminded him that she was technically older than Luther at this point.

Then, Luther reminded her that it would look strange with two kids in the front seat before he lightly pushed her inside.

They had been driving in silence since they left the Academy, and they were a ways out of the city before they stopped. Delphini tried to sleep in the backseat, but her heart was anxiously beating against her chest. Plus, her skin was sticking to the leather seats and with Luther's crazy driving, it was impossible to sleep. She could feel Five's eyes occasionally on her back.

She heard Five sigh, "You know, I never enjoyed it."

"What?" Luther questioned.

"Killing. I mean, I was.. I was good at my work, and I... I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure." Five explained quietly. Nini felt pity for him. He's just trying to survive. Like everyone else, but with more... different methods. "I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind."

Silence enveloped them once again. Delphini had hurt people, killed people. It was never intentional to hurt them, and her actions haunted her mind everyday.

Nini had spent years cramped in a tiny room with nothing but her thoughts. They kept the room so bright at all times that she couldn't summon a shadow to talk to. She hadn't felt that lonely since she met Rai.

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you." Luther stated, and Nini couldn't help but agree with him. "You think they'll buy it?"

"Well," Five started, sucking in a sharp breath, "what I do know is that they're desperate. It's like a cop losing his gun. If the Commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit. Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back."

"Well, I should hold on to it." Luther suggested.

"Hm?"

"In case they make a move on you, or Sleeping Beauty back there."

Five glanced back at the girl who seemed to be sleeping. His green eyes remained trained on her pretty face before he sighed and turned his gaze back to Luther. "Okay, Luther, but be careful. I mean, I've... I've lived a long life, but... you're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it."

Five let out a sigh and looked back to Delphini, before training his eyes forward. He didn't know what it was about her, but the Hargreeves felt a strange sense of protectivness over the Fallon girl. It wasn't like she was anything special. He was just... curious about her.