on my watch

1.16

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒 of what happened after Detective Eudora Patch left the Earth

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒 of what happened after Detective Eudora Patch left the Earth. Diego showing up, crying with her for Patch, slamming his fist into the floor, him helping her limp back to his place, him trying to fight Five, her sliding down a wall with blood-covered hands, Diego storming out, Luther following shortly after Five explained more of the apocalypse. She was off in her own world.

"Dell Bell, angel... Dellie... Delphini, hey," Five whispered to her softly. He sat on his knees before her, his hands gently on her knees. He was tempted to grab her shaking hands, but fought it. Her vacant gaze finally met his. "What happened, darling?"

"They took us, Five." Her lip trembled as her eyes became glassy. His lips parted slightly. "After they attacked the Academy, they took me n' Klaus. They wanted information on you, but I didn't say anything. I- I — "

Five twisted his lips and gently grabbed her elbows, helping her trembling form up. A sob escaped her lips and she pressed herself against him, her bloody hands between them. Five tensed with wide eyes.

Delores had been the only person to hug him for a long time, but Nini was much softer and much livelier. He gently wrapped his arms around her trembling form and placed his chin on top of her head. "It's okay, angel. It's okay, you're safe now, Dell Bell. I've got you... I've got you..."

· · ─────── · 𖥸· ─────── · ·

Five had taken Delphini back to the Academy to get cleaned up in the bathroom across the hall from his room. He had helped her up onto the sink and put her hands under the faucet.

Her entire body once screamed with pains and aches, but now she felt nothing. Her brown eyes were blank as she watched the blood from her hands swirl down the drain. Her fingers twitched as he delicately wiped at the rope burns around her wrists.

Of course, people had died in front of her, because of her, she even had killed people, but this was different. Eudora Patch saved her and Klaus' lives. She was a hero. She was trying to help and it cost her life.

Rai knew the woman, cared for her. She had been Diego's ex-girlfriend. She had spoken to Rai, she had loved Diego. Even with her taking Rai into custody a lot of times, Rai liked Eudora.

Her eyes shifted up to Five. This was the softest he'd been around her. His eyes were honed in on her cuticles, trying to scrub the stubborn red away. His jaw wasn't tight like it always was — still handsomely sharp, of course. The irises of his eyes were a beautiful green color with a blue tint when the light hit them right. The two freckles on his left cheek that were almost conjoined rested right in the spot she could remember his dimple being. He looked so kind wiping her hands clean.