Chapter 5: Missing Person Alert

The team sits around the table in the Hideout, passing the note to each person to read. 

"Ok so walk us through exactly what you saw when you were there", Khalil says.

"Me and Grace walked in and called out to Perenna, we began looking around to see if she was there, after we got no response we split up to look for her, when we met back at the door Grace had a note with her that she found taped to Perenna's door", Anissa says.

"Wait if Perenna was taken, why would she write us a note telling us she's been taken, whoever took her wouldn't leave a note because that would just lead us to them", Brandon says.

"Maybe that's what the person wants, they want us to find them", Jenn says.

"Well if we do find them, that means it's only a trap", Khalil says.

"When we find them", Anissa says correcting Khalil. 

"Well this note literally gave us nothing", Dionte says examining the note, "It looks like it was torn out of the phone book or something, it even has a number still up there".

"Wait hand me that note", Erica says.

He hands the note to Erica. She examines the numbers.

19-21-14-19-5-20           16-1-18-11           36

"These are too many numbers for a phone number, however it still could be a hint", Erica says.

"It could?", TC asks.

"Yeah, have y'all ever heard of a Number-Alphabet Substitution Cypher?", Erica asks.

"No what's that?", Anissa asks.

"Well it's like this: There's a letter for each number, for example A would be 1, and B would be 2", Erica says.

"So those numbers could possibly spell out a word?", Anissa asks.

"Precisely", Erica says, "Let me just decipher it really quick".

The room falls silent as Erica deciphers the code. After spelling out 2 words, she looks up confused.

"Does anybody know what Sunset Park is?", Erica asks.

"The gravesite?", Jenn asks.

"Why would they be sending us to a Gravesite?", Dionte asks.

"I don't know", Erica replies.

"What about this last number, 36, You didn't decipher that one", TC says.

"Well because there's only 26 letters in the alphabet and CF is not a word", Erica says.

"So looks like we're going to a gravesite", Khalil says.

"Yeah, let's suit up" Jenn says even though she's already in her suit.

"Hold up wait, first off, you and Brandon are already in your suits and we will circle back around to why later, Second, we're going to a Gravesite, we need something a little more stealthy", Anissa says, "So go put on your best black outfit".

"Actually we don't have to", TC says.

"Yeah and Why not?", Anissa asks.

"How about everybody just go put on their suits", TC replies.

Everyone walks into the suit room and put on their suits. TC pulls out his iPad.

"Now with just a few button presses", TC starts, "Everyone's suit should turn...."

"Black", Anissa says looking down at her suit.

Everyone's suit has turned in to a dark black version of their suit.