Chapter 11: Unmasking the Enemy

10 Chapter Recap:

Jeff, Lynn, & Gambi head off to Central City to work with The Flash and The Crisis team. Black Lightning hands the mantle over to Jennifer (Lightning), Anissa (Thunder), Grace (Wylde) and the remainder of the team here in Freeland to protect and serve. With guidance from Perenna a telepathic meta-human therapist, who is brought in to train the team, the team works hard to learn how to fight and serve better as a team. However after a message is sent to the team warning them about an Armageddon, the team sets out to stop the Armageddon before it ends the world as they know. But the mission gets side tracked when Starfire a member of the Titans arrives in Freeland in search of her sister, the evil Blackfire. Jenn and Anissa jump in to action to take down Blackfire as well as a misleaded Starfire, who eventually warns them that the Titans may be approaching to save her and take down the Outisiders. So with the nearing of the Titans and the Armageddon, can The Outsiders stop both and save the world! Keep reading to find out.

——————————————————————————
2 Weeks Later

Jenn and Brandon run side by side on their morning jog. Brandon is out of breath while Jenn looks off into the distance running. Brandon suddenly begins to slow down!

"Hold on J, I need a breather", Brandon says sitting on a near by park bench.

Jenn stops in her tracks and turns back and sits beside Brandon. She throws her head back and looks up at the sky. Brandon turns and looks at her worriedly.

"Hey, you've been acting strange ever since you had the talk with Starfire, is everything okay?", Brandon asks.

"Why do you think something is wrong?", Jenn asks quickly.

"Cause usually I can keep up with you on our morning jobs, but today you're running like you're on a mission", Brandon jokes.

"Oh it's fine, it's just the Armageddon and stuff, nothings wrong", Jenn says.

Brandon stares at Jenn for a minute then grabs her hands.

"Jenn, I know you, and I know when something is bothering you, you can tell me, regardless of anything", Brandon says.

Jenn stares at Brandon. She then takes a deep breath.

"So while I was talking to Starfire, she told me that her team, the Titans could soon be approaching, because they keep tabs on each other, well a member of the team might be here now!", Jenn says.

"What do you mean?", Brandon asks.

"I mean, that when I was on my way back to the room, I seen Perenna locked up in the basement", Jenn says.

"But that's impossible, Perenna was in the sanctum", Brandon replies.

"That's what I thought, but Perenna informed me that it wasn't her and that it was a shapeshifter like Grace", Jenn states.

"So wait, Perenna has been in the basement for 2 weeks, and you haven't said anything?", Brandon says.

"Before you judge me, it was Perennas request, she wants me to get close to the shapeshifter to find out more about their plan, Ive been sneaking food down to her everyday, as well as getting information on what to do", Jenn says.