Chapter 9: Sister Duel

Perenna and Starfire sit in the sanctum talking. Anissa watches from the window door. She narrows her eyes and crosses her arms. Suddenly Jenn walks out of her room and goes into the kitchen. Anissa turns and follows her.

"Hey Jenn", Anissa says calling to Jenn.

"Hey, what's up?", Jenn asks.

"I don't trust Starfire being here, and being in there with Perenna", Anissa states.

Jenn grabs a juice out of the fridge.

"I mean Perenna can handle herself", Jenn says.

"That's not what I'm talking about, Starfire is a member of the Titans, the same name Perenna called the team that was coming to Freeland to harm us", Anissa says.

"You think there's a connection there?", Jenn asks.

"I know there's a connection there!", Anissa says, "And I'm about to make it valid!"

Anissa turns away from the kitchen table and begins walking toward the doors of the sanctum. Jenn follows behind her quickly. Anissa burst through the door. Perenna and Starfire turn quickly.

"What's wrong?", Perenna asks.

"This!", Anissa states, "You talking to her".

"I'm talking to her to get information from her", Perenna replies.

"Or are you telling her information about us", Anissa states.

"What are you implying Anissa?", Perenna asks.

"I don't trust her", Anissa says.

"Am I threat to you Anissa?", Starfire asks.

"No one's a threat to me, I don't trust you because a couple of weeks ago Perenna told us that a team was coming, "Titans if you may" was the words she said and that they were bringing danger with them, now all of a sudden you appear and happen to be on a team named the Titans", Anissa says.

Starfire turns and looks at Perenna, then turns back to look at Anissa.

"Well actually I came here to stop the danger that's coming for me and my planet", Starfire states.

"Your Planet?", Jenn says finally speaking up.

"Yes, we got an Alert that a team on Earth was preparing to bring us war, they were training me to come scope out the team and deal with them before they could come and take us out", Starfire says, "But my sister beat me here".

"Who's your sister?", Jenn asks.

"Blackfire", Starfire says, "And let's just say she's nothing like me".

"Well let's just say, we don't even know who you are, so how are we suppose to know how Blackfire is?", Anissa says.

"Ok, I feel like we got off on a bad start, Let me reintroduce myself.....", Starfire begins.

"I don't remember getting the first introduction", Anissa says.

Jenn touches Anissa's arms to signal to her to calm down. Anissa takes a deep breath and starts to listen.

"My name is Koriandr, I'm from the planet Tamaran, I'm apart of a Team called the Titans, we spend our day fighting danger that harms different planets....", Starfire says.

"Meaning Blackfire, spends her day destroying different planets", Jenn says.

"Not exactly, I mean she's like the Bad Cop to my Good Cop, we both have the same intentions when it comes to protecting our planet, but Blackfire has different ways of obtaining that goal", Starfire says "Which is why I'm here, to stop her before she hurts a team that is actually on the same side of Justice as we are".