Chapter 20: Calm Before The Storm

Brandon and Anissa reach for the handle to get out of the car. Grace blocks the doors.

"What are you two doing?", Grace asks.

"We need to go back in there and get Jenn", Anissa says.

"We barely made it out alive right then, without a game plan we won't be so lucky next time", Grace says.

"Well that's my sister and I'm gonna get her out of there", Anissa says reaching for the handle again.

"Anissa, I can't let you back in there, you'll be trapped in there with her", Grace says.

"Then she'll have some company", Anissa says reaching for the handle again.

"But I won't!", Grace says tears forming in her eyes, "I care about your sister so much, she's my sister for crying out loud, but I can't lose the both of you, I promise you, once we form a plan, we will come back here and rescue Jenn".

Anissa hesitates for a moment, then sits back in her seat.

"Alright Khalil takes us to the Hideout", Anissa says.

Brandon looks at her confused.

"No, I'm not leaving Jenn here", Brandon says.

Dionté puts his hand in front of the door.

"Do I have to give you the same speech bro?", Dionté says emphasizing the word bro.

"I'm sorry Dionté but there's nothing you can do or say that will stop me from getting out", Brandon says his eyes turning white.

Suddenly the limo starts shaking.

"But there's something I can do", Nightwing says reaching over and tapping Brandon on the side of the head.

Brandon collapses into Anissa's lap.

"What did you do to him?", Anissa asks.

"It's temporary sleep paralysis, if you hit the right nerve in a persons body they will fall into a deep sleep for about an hour, he'll be tired but he'll be okay", Nightwing says.

"Ok then", Anissa says sitting back.

Khalil finally pulls off and heads back to the hideout. Anissa stares at the mansion in the distance clenching her fist.

When they arrive back at the hideout, Perenna greets them as they walk in.

"I know I'm suppose to be fearless, but I was scared for my life waiting for you all", Perenna says.

"Well continue to worry because Jenn didn't escape", Anissa says walking past Perenna and going into the sanctum.

"What do you mean?", Perenna asks.

"I mean, exactly what I said", Anissa says.

"Ok, so what's the plan", Perenna asks the group.

"We have to suit up and go back", TC says.

"It's not that simple", Grace says, "Maya is dangerous, she'll expect us to come back for Jenn, it would be a trap".

"So what do you suggest we do?", Erica asks.

"We put our heads together come up with a safe and well thought out plan", Grace says walking towards the sanctum.

Starfire, Blackfire, Wondergirl, and Erica follow her.

"And what do we do with him", Beastboy says carrying Brandon.

"What's wrong with him?", Perenna asks.

"He was about to get himself killed so I put him in a temporary sleep for about an hour, he should be about regain consciousness", Nightwing says.

"Ok, so just lay him down on the couch", Perenna says.

"Gently, if you wake him he'll become deranged and take us all out", Nightwing says.

Beastboy takes him over to the couch and lays him down gently.

Dionté walks over to sit beside him and be there for him when he wakes up. TC and Khalil walk up behind him.

"It's okay guys, I'll stay here with Brandon, you go find a way to get our girl back", Dionté says.

TC, Khalil, Beastboy and Nightwing leaves and walks into the sanctum.

For a while, Dionté sits in silence, staring off into space. Suddenly Brandon takes a deep breath and sits up breathing hard.

"Hey, Hey, it's okay, you're okay", Dionté says trying to calm Brandon down.

"What happened?", Brandon asks.

"Nightwing put you in a temporary deep sleep", Dionté says.

"He did what?", Brandon asks trying to stand up.

"It was for your own good", Dionté says holding him back, "You we're about to run straight into danger trying to save Jenn".

"No, I still have to save Jenn", Brandon says.

"And they're working on a way to save her right now", Dionté says, "But you need to rest".

"No, Dionté I have to help her", Brandon says.

"You can't help her if you're hurt", Dionté says.

"You don't get it", Brandon starts, "That girl is my rock, I can't lose that girl, I was stupid for letting her go, I pushed her away and now I have to pull her back in, so I have to save her".

"You can't blame yourself for this, and you can't put the pressure to save her on your back, and I do get it", Dionté says, "We might not be related but you're my brother, and I can't let you go out and risk your life, it won't just hurt me, it will everybody, including Jenn. If you die, you'll be hurting Jenn more than whatever she could be going through".

Brandon doesn't say anything.

"I'm gonna save her", Brandon says sitting back.

"You will but with patience", Dionté says.

In the Sanctum the group tries to formulate a plan.

"Okay, so what should we do?", Erica asks.

"Well before we leap we have to take everything into account", Grace says, "Starting with the Armageddon Machine, Maya is creating".

"Armageddon Machine?", Perenna asks.

"Yes, Maya is creating a machine that will take away all Meta powers in Freeland, but I don't think it will work that way", Grace says.

"I know it's not gonna work that way, I did a bionic scan of the mansion and there's a machine in her house capable of taking out the world, I don't think she meant for this to rid metas of their powers, I think she wants to kill all the metas in the world", TC says.

"Isn't the world made up of about 40% metas", Blackfire asks.

"Yes!", Perenna says.

"So that means she wants to kill off over 2 billion people", Erica says.

"All because of her hatred for me", Khalil says.

"So not only do we have to save Jenn but we also have to destroy that machine", Blackfire says.

"Then what are we waiting for, let's figure out a way to save the world from this crisis", Anissa says.

To Be Continued.

Word From The Writer:

The Next Five Chapter of this Book Will Be Titled: The Armageddon Crisis, it is a 5 Part Crisis that will be posted everyday this week starting with Part 1 on Monday! Thanks For Reading, We're Almost At The End!