Chapter 8: New Abilities and New People

Perenna walks up to the training room and peaks her head in the door! Inside the team is practicing using their upgrades! At least everyone except Jenn and Brandon. Jenn and Brandon sit across the room together watching the rest of the team practice. Perenna finally decides to walk in.

"Ok everyone I see you are enjoying your new upgrades, now with that being said I need to meet you all in the living room, to discuss a few things", Perenna says.

Everyone stops what they are doing and follows Perenna into the living room. They all sit on the couch and look up at Perenna confused at what's going on.

"Ok, so now that everyone has been upgraded and are getting used to their powers, I would like to move into the next phase of our plan", Perenna says.

"Hold on, Back up", Jenn says, "Me and Brandon didn't get a upgrade".

"You don't need one", Perenna says.

"I don't need one?", Jenn asks, "So while everybody else runs around with these new abilities, me and Brandon have to just use what we got?"

"I mean what you two already have is pretty extraordinary", Perenna says.

"What all of us have is pretty extraordinary, we all have a gift, what makes me and Brandon different?", Jenn asks.

"Maybe that's something we should talk about later", Perenna replies.

"You know, normally I would let this go, but right now, I'm actually curious", Brandon says.

"And as I said, we will discuss this later", Perenna says.

Jenn and Brandon exchange looks then sit back and listen.

"Ok, now that I can continue, I brought you all in here to tell you, y'all progress is really amazing, and I want to congratulate you", Perenna says.

"Aww, thanks Perenna, but something tells me, that you're about to drop a huge bomb on us", Anissa says.

"Well", Perenna says tapping on the screen behind her.

On the screen everyone's pictures pop up.

"What's this?", Khalil asks.

"Well, after looking at the list Gambi made a while back, I made a few tweaks to it, he based that list Soley on Power, so I made 3 different list, one with the upgraded power, one with Hand to Hand Combat and then an Overall Ranking", Perenna starts, "Now it's up to you if you want to see this list, this is just data for me, but I felt like I would share".

The team exchanges looks.

"I mean, I'm pretty curious to see", Dionté says.

"So am I!" Grace says.

Anissa takes a deep breath.

"Then let's see it", Anissa says.

Perenna taps the screen and the list for Powers show up. The list ranks:

1. Jennifer
2. Brandon
3. Anissa
4. Dionté
5. TC
6. Grace
7. Erica
8. Khalil

"How did I know I would be at the bottom", Khalil says.

"Because you don't have legit powers, you just have venom coursing through you veins, which is still pretty cool", Anissa says.

"And pretty deadly", Khalil replies.

"I'm just surprised I haven't surpassed Jenn", Brandon says.

"Oh babe, it'll never happen", Jenn jokes.

Brandon laughs.

"Remember this is only for Powers, now this next one is Hand to Hand combat", Perenna says.