Chapter 24: Armageddon Crisis - Part 4

"People of Freeland and Surrounding Areas", Thunder starts, "There is a crisis among us, a crisis that will affect all metas. A threat has been brought on to us, it's a machine created by Maya Odell that will remove all meta powers. If this machine is successful, it will take away our powers leaving us vulnerable and targeted. I'm asking you to lay low until we can stop this treat among us. I'm also asking for the public to understand that your saviors are at risk and we need the support of all of you to survive. We're in this together, lets end this together". 

The Screen Goes Black.

Grace, TC, Brandon, Blackfire, and Starfire all clap.

"That was so good Anissa", Starfire says.

"Agreed, it made me want to walk straight up to Maya mansion and stop this myself", Brandon says.

"Really, because it made me want to walk up to a car door and slam my head in it", Blackfire says.

"Blackfire", Starfire snaps.

"I'm sorry, but I just never understood how you all could love the public like you do", Blackfire says.

"Because we don't have a heart of coal, where was this negative energy when you agreed to stop the Armageddon Crisis?", TC asks.

"Oh that was because my life could have been at risk too", Blackfire says.

"Well that was awesome feedback", Anissa says sarcastically, "However Channel 1 News is gonna be mad we hacked into the live network".

"It doesn't matter, You did great babe", Grace says walking up to hug her. 

"I know, I just hope that people were actually listening", Anissa says.

"Then I have great news", TC says, "You're blowing up".

"Wait really?", Anissa says walking over to TC on the computer.

"Yes, you're trending, along with the hashtags #thunderforce, #protectthemetas, and #wereinthistogether", TC says.

"Wow congratulations babe", Grace says.

Anissa stares in shock. Starfire looks around confused.

"Hey guys, where's the other team, they've been gone for a while", Starfire says.

Everyone turns to look at her.

"That's a good question, let's go to the sanctum", Anissa says. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erica bangs on the wall, begging for Maya's guards to let her go.

"Let me go!", Erica screams.

"Shut up meta, you'll be let go, as soon as we get these guns to the police station", the guard says.

Erica sits back nervously. The guards continue driving down the road. Suddenly the guard slams on the breaks.

"What the hell is that?", Guard 1 says.

"It looks like a Green Lion", Guard 2 says.

Suddenly the lion morphs into Beastboy. Beastboy smiles and sticks his middle fingers up.

Khalil and Wonder Girl run up on the side. With her lasso Wondergirl snatches the two back tires off of the truck. Khalil stabs the front two tires. Before they even realize it, the truck is sitting on the ground with no tires. Nightwing runs up to the back of the truck and puts a device on the doors and takes a few steps back. Suddenly the doors explode open letting Erica jump out of the van. Suddenly Dionte flies down in front of the van.

"You guys are too late, the Armageddon Crisis is about to start", Guard 2 says.

"Then, I suggest if you don't want to be barbecued, you should run why you still have the chance", Dionte says making a fireball is hand.

The two guards climb out of the truck and try to run. But Nightwing hits them with his lightning batons.

"They didn't have the chance", Nightwing says.

"Stand back", Dionte says.

Everyone backs away. Dionte holds out his hand and sets the truck on fire, Blowing it up.

"No more DEG's", Wondergirl says.

"Nope, thanks for saving me", Erica says.

"Of course", Dionte says.

"Always", Khalil says.

"Ok we should get back to the hideout", Nightwing says.

"No, we don't have time, you didn't just here that guard, the Crisis is happening now, we have to go to Maya's now, I'll get on the comms and let the other team, know to meet us there", Khalil says.

"Alright lets go", Nightwing says.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anissa and Team B walks into the sanctum. 

"Perenna where is Team A located?", Anissa asks.

"I'm not sure I've been working on something to protect you all from any DEG blast", Perenna asks.

TC walks in and sits down at the computer. He begins typing on the computer.

"From the looks of it, their coordinates are heading towards Maya's house", TC says.

"What, are they being taken there?", Anissa asks.

"I don't know, Maybe I can get them on comms", TC says typing on the computer again.

Suddenly the sound of a motorcycle is heard on the monitor.

"Khalil, what's going on?", Anissa asks.

"We're on the way to Maya's", Khalil says.

"Why, what's going on?", Anissa asks.

"It's going down now, we heard through the great vine, well we heard from some guards that we knocked out, after they.....", Khalil starts.

"Spare me the details and cut to the chase", Anissa states.

"Maya is about to start the crisis right now, we have to stop her, meet us there", Khalil says.

"Ok, we're heading there now", Anissa says.

The mic goes off. 

"Ok team suit up, it's time", Anissa says.

"Don't bother", Perenna says, "Put these watches on".

Perenna begins handing them watches. Anissa puts her watch on and suddenly an all white suit identical to her Thunder Suit appears on her body.

"This is an identical suit, except this one is made out of multifiber, meaning DEG's can't hurt you with it on", Perenna says.

"Perenna this so cool, Thank You", Anissa says.

"Everybody has one even the Titans, when you get to Maya's house give these to the rest of the team", Perenna says handing them more watches.

The team nods and runs out to go to Maya's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Maya's house she walks down into the basement.

"Wake up maggots", Maya says, "It's showtime".

4 guards walk in and grab Jenn and Raven and walk them up the stairs. When they walk upstairs there is a group of people sitting and drinking wine. In the back a Camera Crew from Channel 1 news stands recording. On the stage is a gigantic machine. The guards place Jenn and Raven in front of the machine. There is a stand in front of them with a hand print in it. 

Maya walks on stage. 

"Attention, in just a seconds, these two ladies will begin powering my machine, and we will officially take away meta powers here in Freeland and Around the World", Maya states.

The people in the crowd start clapping a cheering.

Jenn and Raven exchange nervous looks.