Chapter 16: Lights, Camera, Party!

The team pulls up to Maya Odells house, There's fancy cars, runways, lights, cameras and more.

"Wow she really went all out for this party", Starfire says.

"Then it's a good thing we got this limo on such short notice and didn't show up looking like nobodies", Anissa says.

"TC how did you even get this limo on such short notice?", Jenn asks.

"I hacked into the rental companies website and changed a family's reservation to another time, they can go to prom another day, we're saving the world", TC says.

"Ok so before we get out, what's the plan?", Beastboy asks.

"Beastboy you will morph into a security officer and escort us on the runway, if anybody asks we're cast mates of a new television show about to debut", Anissa says.

"Then we will "party" a little bit, listening in for any information, she's suppose to be debuting some world renown invention, we need to stay here and make sure it's nothing that can harm us or the world", Grace says.

"And remember, we're only here for information, no fighting, and most importantly: no powers", Nightwing says.

"Ok, how do we get into the party, there's obviously a guest list to a party this fancy", Dionté says.

"I hacked Maya's Guest List and added everyone on, well everybody except for Khalil", TC says.

"I still don't understand why I can't go into the party", Khalil says.

"Because if Maya sees you, she'll know you're Painkiller, and she will make the connection that we're the outsiders, and we can't risk the chance of getting exposed", Erica says.

"And because you were the only one crazy enough to be our limo driver", Wondergirl says.

"Don't worry Khalil, Blackfire will stay in the car with you", Starfire says.

"No I'm not!", Blackfire says.

"Yes you are!", Starfire snaps back.

"Why because I'm a villain", Blackfire says putting air quotes around villain.

"One you are a villain, and two you're not going no where with me looking like you stepped straight out of a gothic novel", Starfire jokes.

Everyone starts laughing.

"Besides, you and Khalil will make great company, he tends to leave his mark on girls", Brandon says.

Jenn cuts an eye at Brandon.

"Oh I'm not worried about that because between Khalil and Painkiller battling it out in his head, and Blackfires ego there's enough company here", Nightwing says.

"Whatever, get out and walk down the runway, wannabe Beyoncé's", Khalil jokes.

"Wannabe?", Jenn asks, "Beyoncé should want to be me, now driver roll up the partition please".

Everyone starts laughing. Khalil rolls up the Partition and unlocks the door. Beastboy morphs into a security officer and steps out letting everyone out and on to the red carpet.

The camera crew quickly turns their attention towards the team, snapping pictures. They walk down the runway. Jenn reaches for Brandon's arm to walk with him down the runway but he pulls away. They continue walking down the runway, smiling, waving, and posing.

"You know, I always thought I would walk down a runway, just not to be sneaking in a party", Jenn whispers to Starfire.

"Just smile and wave", Starfire say.