1. The Muse & The Serenade

"Wake up, wake up, wake the hell up boys!" Taeyong, almost raged up seeing four men laying on the couch in the studio. Their first full album costs sleepless nights, leaving them looking all weary the day after.

"I don't think they're going to wake up anytime in an hour." Johnny straight away getting up to take a shower—man hates to fight for the single bathroom especially with Yuta—so he'd prepare way more early whereas the others are unconscious—sleeping, to be exact.

Due to Taeyong's loud voice—talking to the manager across the line—Jaehyun sat up, adjusting his cliché black shirt that rakes up to his chest, revealing his perfect sculptured abdomen. "You guys are so noisy,"

"Well I am, you better look at the clock now." Obeying the leader's words, Jaehyun widened his eyes and immediately ran to the toilet—he only brushed his teeth, washed his face and putting on his cologne—because they are going to be late. Don't worry, he is used to shower at 5 in the morning. That habit leads to a Jaehyun-who-is-not-showering-in-the-morning once he wakes up. The last two members—Yuta and Doyoung—remain sleeping and leaving the leader surrender.

"Uhm, what's today's schedule?" There Johnny was, sitting at the couch collecting his drum sticks while sipping his morning coffee. Black coffee as usual, made by him.

"Okay so today we'll go to the radio station, interview shits and pre-recording things. Later on around 3, we'll get ready to have a meeting with the producers about the remaining three songs. Whether we should perform it live or let it stay in the album—studio tracks I mean. And we'll get a rest, thank God today's schedule is a bit loose than the other days. Oh yeah, I forgot. Don't forget about our invitation to the Red Bull Bistro & Cafe, we have to perform our debut song and the album's title track. That's all,"

The main guitarist coughed, what in the world is happening with their sudden packed schedule. Ever since their band's name rose up, the members had to rearrange everything including their personal schedules just to keep the one-way-schedule for everyone easiness. "This sounds crazy, I might have to stay up everyday if this keeps on going."

"Well, who we are to follow our own head? I mean we are still a band under a company, we should be thankful because we signed to this label, Jaehyun." The leader persuaded the sulky one, seeing the time table itself is a pain on their shoulders, it's just up on them to carry and bear it together well.

"Look who just woke up,"

Johnny teased the Tom and Jerry of the band, fighting their own life over the studio's bathroom until the younger one gave up, chose a sad way by snuggling into the youngest's opened arm. Jaehyun let out a big laughter as a slouchy Doyoung plopped perfectly, around his veiny right arm.

"Our Doyoung is losing again,"

"Right? And if this keeps on happening, I'll join Jaehyun as the showering-at-dawn member!" He, with fires in his droopy eyes, shouted out his vocal making sure the one in the bathroom let out a yet another morning hearty guffaw.

"Doyoung is so cute." The leader blurted out, while adjusting his new bass before putting it in its place.

"Yuta, I give you a minute to finish yourself in the damn shower because we have another member to wash up. Don't be late if you don't want to see me poking your ass with my stick." Johnny nagged again, like a dad scolding their kids before they hop in the car.

"What stick—"

"Drumstick, Jaehyun. Drumstick."

🎸

"Shin Daeun!"

Daeun, Shin Daeun, she was peacefully untroubled and sweeping the floor while dancing along to the classical music coming out from the speaker of the cafe—not until someone decided to show up with her loud and disturbing voice filling up the petite cafe in the large town. Ashley Kim, or just simply call her Aera if it is hard to pronounce her birth name (read: her grandparents and some of her aunt.)

"Yah! Ashley, can you please, please, come when the sign says 'Yes, we are open!' instead of bugging into my damn cafe?!" Daeun—also got that ear-thumping voice making the real owner of the cafe shook her head in disbelief. Another normal scenario happening inside of her workplace, she thought.

"It's not like Jiah would be mad, right Jiah unnie?" The blue haired girl batting her eyelashes to the owner of the cafe, Jiah, Na Jiah. Both Daeun and Ashley were adopted—Jiah said—by her and that is one of the reason on why Jiah lets them bicker around the cafe since it was still early to open the shop.

"I wouldn't, Ashley. I wouldn't if you help me rearrange these books into the new shelf."

Ashley's eyes lit up with joy, immediately running pass Daeun to grab some old and super thick books to be placed into their new home, the cafe. A little introduction about the cafe, it is a coffee and book shop where customers can have a drink and hang out because they are serving various types of coffees, pastries and no other than books.

The books were there because of Jiah's love for books, some of her workers—including Daeun—also have the same interests with her. Reading a book while having a cup of hot latte by the huge window where a sight of a busy road of Seoul shown, what a perfect theme and time!

Customers usually come to read and borrow books instead of buying, there is also a corner where people can sit and lay down, enjoying the best time of their life to read rather than chit-chatting and having some drinks. Last but not least, a corner where all the books-for-sale is obviously for ones who want to adopt the preloved books and read it till the books repeat its cycle of life.

"Daeun! Open the door, let's start another espresso-ish day!" Jiah's soft voice rang into the younger one's ears, as a response, she quickly ran to the main door with her floral dress on—happily spreading the door open as the blue sky welcomed yet another beautiful series of people's life.

"Hello, beautiful world."

🎸