10. One Forced Ticket

The Serenade's leader was roaming around the drummer's area for—what he could recall—10 minutes due to the show they are about to be a part of. The event was super sudden since the organizers of the show decided to call The Serenade two days before the actual event's date, the leader was taken aback.

"Why are you...you know, very anxious?" Johnny asked, before playing a subtle sound coming from the drum.

"Me? Anxious? OF COURSE! BECAUSE THAT IS A HUGE EVENT,"

Taeyong is right—the show is an annual spring show attended by almost every teenagers and young adults around Korea to watch their idols, from every generations in honour of celebrating the most beautiful season. 'Cherry Blossom Festival' are usually filled up with insane line ups and various senior artists that the band fear, they never attended this event since it was invented in 1995. Since The Serenade is labeled as rookie, though there are much more rookies that will come to the show, they fear that their appearance won't please the crowd as much as they love performing for their devoted fans.

"Hey, don't worry."

Yuta's abrupt appearance spike up the leader's mixed emotions. He was biting his nails, almost looked like he was eating his fingers one by one. Johnny saw the bleeding one and immediately reached for Taeyong's hand and so, he pulled him to the seat nearby the speaker and exhaled a heavy, long breath.

"I don't know how to put it in comforting words, but I'm sure everything will be alright. I was about to get mad at the so called top tier event organizer, but oh well—I'm seeing this as our opportunity to rise! Come on, Taeyong. Cheer up, we can do this." Yuta plopped beside him and as per usual, comforting the leader. The 1995 liners were hugging each other, it was quite breezy in the room due to the air conditioner temperature.

"Okay, I'll collect myself again. Where do we start and should we do it tonight?"

"I think we should! I'll tell Jaehyun and Doyoung to come over."

🎸

Daeun was on her laptop—settling down some abandoned tasks, Jay with Sunghoon making drinks, Sunoo serving the customers and as per usual, Jake serving looks at his one and only money place, all smiley because he knew what's coming up.

"Alright, Daeun and gays, gather around!"

The clock strikes straight to the number six but the cafe was empty. Most of the people headed home but they will always be ready with any sudden raid of people at night. Thank God they haven't decided to put the planned new full nutrition meal menu or else people would just come to enjoy dinner. Huge thanks to The Serenade, due to their—Doyoung and Jaehyun—sudden appearance that day, the cafe became the talk of the area.

"Is this who we are, Jake? Is this what we represent?" Jay nudged the Australian with his obvious American accent rolled on his tongue. The both then bickered for a moment before a wild Sunoo took a seat between Sunghoon and Daeun—unintentionally separating them apart. Daeun would never complain about this evil twin of her.

"To the point, Jake." Sunghoon broke their fight, signaling the Australian should start talking.

"Y'all know Cherry Blossom Festival, right? So...I BOUGHT TICKETS FOR ALL FIVE OF US!" Jake took out the small tickets and yes, every single of them was in awe except for that one person. The only female there widened her eyes in shock and cursed tons of profanity words under her breath which Sunoo heard and started screeching.

"YOU DON'T LIKE IT? HOW? WHY? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?"

All eyes were now glued onto the one and only girl, they were taken aback by her response. But oh well, there should be at least one to two person who acknowledges the reason behind her sudden reaction—which some people find it odd.

"Looks like our Daeun has something to tell, no?" Sunghoon smirked, leaned onto the couch as his finger made its way to pull a strand of her hair to wake her up from her short daydream.

Shin Daeun hissed in pain, anger, embarrassment, the fact that she had to reveal the last two days event to the new colleagues troubled her even more. Nevertheless, she had to clarify that she NEVER loathed any artists nor disrespecting Jake's kind demeanor on treating them to go to the infamous music festival in their country. Without any further ado, Daeun opened up all of the 'the rest is history' story to them, not missing any points and not changing any plots—all perfect, in other words, no cap.

"And...there you go...tragic event in my life this spring like God, why the hell that happened to me?" Daeun sighed, putting her head on Sunoo's shoulder while the latter patted her arm very gently.

"That's how mom met your dad, kids." Jay interrupted, creating an echo of men's laughter that sounds similar to a laughter of a group of men in their 40s. Just loud, hearty and sincere. The fact that wasn't helping Daeun to ignore Jung Jaehyun worries her more, most of them—throughout the storytelling session—were rooting for the ship that to Daeun will never sail. Not even once, oh she hoped for it.

"It's okay, Daeun. It's not like we'll be at the backstage or some. Our seat may be close to the stage but I'm sure he's not gonna recognize you! Just hide your face if he's looking into our direction." And yet again, Sunghoon was there to save the day of an introverted person who is about to go to the festival.

"Or maybe we can flash him the laser thingy—"

"Kim Sunoo, you wanna get sued?!"

"Oh, yeah. That's bad, Daeun. Your Prince Charming would be blind if we do it."

Sunoo's last lines, once again, creating a great echo in the cafe since there were only five of them, laughing the very sincere laughter because everything you do, being with your best mates are amazing.

"I can't wait to watch Le Sserafim, LIKE, THEY ARE SO GORGEOUS!" Jake exclaimed, the hit girl group was the reason why he must go there—let's be real he wanted Kazuha to notice him so badly.

"Nah, I'll stick with TXT." Sunghoon bugged in, call him weird for stanning boy groups but he is heavily inspired by them, starting from fashion, hairstyles and even hobbies! He is just that passionate.

As for the rest, they were looking out for various talents and yes, band performances since there are more interesting bands debuting every single year.

"Daeun, promise me, you're joining us?" Sunoo asked, his huge eyes were sparkling. Daeun didn't know why but his eyes seemed like it was pleading, was about to produce tears if she denied, would shatter his heart if the answer wasn't as he expected.

"Alright, we'll go."

🎸