9. The Perfect Pair

"So he sent you home? What in the fictional The Serenade Jaehyun and reader is this?"

Jake blabbered, after listening a 20 minutes worthy of Daeun's tragic story while arranging the plate on the reserved table. As tragic as it seems, Daeun questioned his kindness since she thinks it is too kind of him to drive her home while he is a known celebrity. Pretty odd, she thought.

What happened was, right after she changed into the baggy outfit he gave, Jaehyun immediately cooked her a breakfast and even sang to her one of their acoustic song as she munched her food, holding back her laughter. Having a flashback of something ridiculous made her giggled on the spot, making Sunghoon elbowed her waist.

"Seems like you enjoyed it."

"I think I did, like come on, other guys would do unnecessary things on me. But surprisingly, he didn't. And oh my fucking God—don't get me started about his poem books collection. That was a shit load of books in his apartment, I fear."

As soon as Jake left the seat, a car stopped right in front of the cafe, leaving the leftover pair peeking through the huge window. Sunghoon grew a smile, while holding his apron, he ran to the door welcoming two fine guys—the first one had a slicked back hair and wearing a damn Rolex while the other one had a pair of cute eye smile, the best Daeun have ever seen.

"Ayo! Nice to see you here, bro!" Sunghoon greeted the one with the previous gorgeous eye smile, while Jake approached the finest one. Yet, they are all looking like a group of buddies who had been with each other since forever. The one and only female was left dumbfounded on the blue fluffy couch, making the now four guys looking straight into her way.

"Oh, sorry for leaving you out. These are our new colleagues—Jay and Sunoo. Jay, Sunoo, this is Shin Daeun."

Daeun then shyly received Jay's handshake, feeling the aura he gave. The latter found it adorable as she greeted him without looking into his face—not even a second.

"Hey, Daeun. It's okay, I don't bite at all."

Daeun chuckled, bowed once and straight away went to greet the cute one. This guy right here had her all smily unlike the previous one, her cheeks went super pink due to perfect sculpture Jay has.

"Nice to meet you, Daeun. I'm Kim Sunoo, Sunghoon's friend. This place is unique and nice!"

"Hi Sunoo, Jay. Welcome to this cafe, I assume both of you are also in colleges too, right?"

Both nodded in sync, making the other two—Sunghoon and Jake—laugh in unison. Daeun might be a shy person, but when it comes to working, studying and teaching, she became the leading woman, in other word, a girlboss.

"For your information, Jay is good at being a barista too, he used to help his aunt at her cafe years ago. Sunoo is good at serving and baking—multitalented just like you, so I don't have any problems with that because he's basically you."

Daeun widened her eyes—a male version of her? And looking all cute and lovely? What a perfect person and they could be a perfect fair for the rest of their life in this drop dead gorgeous cafe. Daeun unintentionally grabbed Sunoo's hands to take him around the cafe's kitchen, seems like both of them will be having a great time together. The leftover males were going around the front area where Jay will be making drinks along with Sunghoon—guess the customers are going crazier due to the increasing male staff in this underrated cafe.

"Oh, you guys are already here!"

Jiah's appearance drew a smile on Jay's face as he bowed deeply towards the owner of the place. Her beauty stunned him, he was receiving a good aura coming from this workplace after seeing everyone though he already knew Jake and Sunghoon.

"Good morning, I'm Jay. Nice to meet you, Miss Jiah."

"Oh, just call me Jiah noona. They don't call me miss anyway, and I prefer if we act like family around each other."

Once again, Jay was having a hard time where he was shy after looking directly into Jiah's eyes—it wasn't like he was falling for her, he was trapped into her calmness, the serenity of a person that resembles the cafe she actually owns. That stunned him again—for the uncountable times.

"For your information, Sunoo was dragged around by Daeun in the kitchen." Sunghoon bugged in making Jiah chuckled and made her own way to their neat kitchen.

"As if I don't know how will Daeun acts when she finds out there's a person that actually is her ‘twin’"

The other three men laughed in unison. In less than a day, all of them went well together and more customers were coming to the cafe. Jay did well, as well as Sunoo who enjoyed doing pastries with cheerful Daeun. More employees will sign up for another missing spots and they will welcome them with a huge heart.

What a great day to be alive, again.

🎸