4. She A Jungle

Doyoung being the first one to enter the cafe, spreading his recognizable aura and carelessly calling out his cousin's name to let her know about his appearance. "Jiah! Na Jiah, your favorite cousin is here!"

Jiah came out from the kitchen along with Daeun from the other direction, a spot where she and the boys talked a lot about useless young adult things while waiting for the arrival of the special people. Daeun was taken aback once she spotted the infamous drummer, Johnny, took off his mask and greeted Jiah so well. Doyoung later on also took off the sunglass he previously wear to take a look around the upgraded cafe. The other three male were easy to find out, it's obviously The Serenade members with different style and fashion sense, but her eyes were stuck all over at one person—the person had a poem book in his hand.

"Jiah! Oh God, it's nice to see you after a long, long time," Johnny threw Jiah a friendly hug, the view made Sunghoon and Jake held their breath. Sunghoon didn't even into them, but his reaction was everything, if there was a cup in his hand, it would drop onto the floor helplessly. Meanwhile, there's a fanboy here watching Jiah talking casually to the drummer and the main vocalist of The Serenade, there were times where she talked a few lines to the other three making it less awkward and tempting.

"Hi Johnny! Yeah, it's been pretty awhile, huh? So glad you guys are coming here all together."

"You know, we just can't be separated." Taeyong made his way to the prepared seat right ahead the counter where Jake was standing. The Liberty Statue can be compared to him, he was standing still until Sunghoon set himself behind the one, poking his waist.

"Park Sunghoon! Really, a brat."

"You better help Daeun with the plants out there, she had been doing that shit for an hour." With a swift, the cashier went outside and did whatever Sunghoon told him to. While he was busy preparing for The Serenade's drinks, a small Daeun busily running in and out of the kitchen to prepare more pastries and waffle since the ingredients were placed in a store behind the cafe.

The rapid movement of the young lady caught Yuta's attention, he poked Johnny's arm to steal the attention of the oldest. "You see what I see?"

"That one running in and out? Yeah, pity her. By the way, sorry for asking you this Jiah but—is she fine with all those?" All eyes made their ways to the busy lady, hair tied with a white ribbon, picking up more ingredients to the kitchen to prepare more pastries for many customers later. Jiah sighed, chuckled as she called Daeun to have a seat with them, at the same time, Sunghoon was already done with the drinks while Jake was done watering the plants outside and on the first floor.

"Daeun, yah, I told you there's no need to refill the flour."

"But, the flour in the kitchen is running out."

"It's fine, it's fine, you better sit with me here." Jiah's mother-like personality never failed to chant a magic into her workers'—more like her sister and brothers—ear, without any hesitation, they took a seat on a table right beside the band's table. Doyoung bowed to them, and followed by the others making the three awkwardly bowed back, with Jake holding his growing smile—unable to function right.

"This is the important customer I told you guys before. Good thing, Ashley's not here." Yet again, she chuckled, the name caught Taeyong's attention.

"Who's Ashley? Is it your another worker?"

"Oh, she's actually not a worker, she's a friend of Daeun and she tend to come here to hang out and help a little."

The conversation kept on going, but there was someone who was only spitting around two to three lines—the book stays in his right hand, another one holding a cup of coffee he chose—his aura was something else, the main guitarist of the band. Daeun's eyes fixated on the one, moving closer to take a look on the title of the book, since he set it down on his lap pausing himself from continuing his previous activity.

"I think we should go, it's already 10."

"Aw, what a shame. I'll see you at your mother's house this weekend, okay?"

"It's not like we don't see each other every weekend, Jiah." The cousins—which takes too much times for Jake to comprehend what the actual hell is going on—bid a goodbye, hugging each other, followed by farewell greetings by the band. Jiah found her way to the front door to watch them as they made their way to the car, leaving Daeun—still at the table—all anxious seeing a what she recognizes as guitar pick on the chair.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Sunghoon, Sunghoon, I think, the guitarist left this,"

The male's eyes could pop out of it sockets anytime, he put his hands on her shoulders as he knew how Daeun would react to this kind of situation—blank, speechless, clueless. Daeun is the real introvert among everyone in the cafe, she barely made it when she once took over the cashier place for a day.

"Did I tell you to catch the car to return this thing?" She shook her head aggressively, denying his words.

"Then, give it to Jiah, she will tell her cousin, I'm sure."

"No! I mean—I want to give it by myself,"

Mentally cursing herself, she shut her eyes super close, not wanting to hold a fierce eye contact with Sunghoon who raised his tone to her right after her stupid umconscious words. He leaned closer,

"For what? Never have you ever wanted to take responsibility on people's lost stuff in this cafe because Jake and I will do that,"

"It's not like that—I admit it, I hate being related to anyone but here, I want to meet—"

"Hey, hey, go back to your places we are having another customers. Jiah is upstairs, better welcome the customers well." Jake clapped before grabbing the apron on the coat hanger, straight away separating the two as he assumed they were just having another debate for the day.

For Daeun, unable to express the jungle in her head is the worst thing to ever happened. And for Sunghoon, she was just being herself, but he was worried of her.

🎸