7. Panic! In The Bar

"So you're telling me the staff—that one who kept on going here and there—kept this thing?" Yuta asked, holding the pick in between his thumb and index finger, with his are-you-serious facial expression all over. He met an introvert, super introvert and a shy girl just now which didn't match his outgoing personality at all. It had Jaehyun feeling super awkward during the encounter the day before.

"Yeah, you're damn right—she's such a shy person, I wonder how Doyoung's cousin picked her to work at the cafe?"

"Just look at Jiah, she's a shy person too—it's just that she's now an owner of a cafe so yeah, that makes sense if her shyness is slowly reducing," Johnny came, throwing his car key on top of the table where Doyoung was doing his thing on the medium sized gadget, either it was the schedule or lyrics writing in the middle of the evening.

The night, no schedule but all of them are going to have a meeting, just a small one, between them and their manager at a bar—similar to the previous cafe and bistro one, but this has a way more modern-ish style and interior design, got snooker and dart, even table soccer is there. Dominated by purple, pink and neon green light, the place attracts approximately 300 people every night from 8 to 4 in the morning. Johnny always end up spending his night at the place, whether it's for catching things up with celebrity friends, members, staff and even his cousins—this mentioned place is his top tier social place. 

"Hanjoon said Sugar Rush, tonight," Johnny said, making the youngest sat up in confusion, blinking his eyes until it became dilated enough to properly speak. He always had been hating sudden meet ups, why can't they just meet on regular working hours time? You are a celebrity, Jaehyun.

"Uh uh, I hate that look you are giving Jaehyun. Come on, first album, remember?" Yuta cheered him up—by swaying his hands left and right like a still growing up kiddo who didn't get the huge candy—and it was able to make him giggled in disbelief. Taeyong who had been looking into both of the guitarists' way, too, chuckled in silent. He understood whatever Jaehyun was feeling that moment, a day off should be a day of no going out related to work things. Without any further ado, Doyoung immediately heading off to the shower while Johnny chose to make another cup of Americano, leaving the remaining members around the table, focusing on their own gadgets and social medias. 

🎸

Ashley and surprisingly, Daeun went to one of the famous bar in the middle of the city, Sugar Rush. All the good girl's faith were gone right when Daeun chose to spend a night with Ashely at the location, wanting to talk about life, studies and such—in order to not to engulf all the problems alone by themselves. The blue haired—with mesh top and black crop top underneath—laid her head on one of the seat, far from the sea of people who just finished their 9 to 5 working hour. Daeun—in her knitted off shoulder white shirt and a baggy cargo pants—took a sip of her lemonade juice, avoiding the drunk thingy to happen ahead in any times, since she has a low alcohol tolerance.

"So, how's the finding new staff thing? Have you guys met any new staff so far?" Ashley took the plum flavored soju, staring into the blank-looking Daeun as the stared one fell deeper into her thoughts.

"Sunghoon said he found around... two? I don't really know, I haven't found any female staff."

"Hey, Daeun. I badly want to but you know how dad's gonna react," Both of them showed their ugly expressions—mocking Ashley's father's reaction whenever she said she wanted to do part time at a cafe.

"That means... you're dropping out of college?!" Ashley's palms were tapping hard on the soft cushion behind her, making some loud noises that made Daeun stopped her from humiliating them in the bar of crowded people. Daeun shook her head as a sign of no, it had Ashley smiled a huge relief sewn over.

"Of course no, silly. Sunghoon told me not to, and by finding more staff, we can adjust the times and our shifts. Since I want to balance my work and my classes, we must do this."

"Are the new staffs studying too?"

"Sunghoon said they are, I'm pretty sure every students need money." And again, Daeun took a long sip of her lemonade juice. Ashley took a shot of her soju and laid back again to watch over the sea of people. Her eagle eyes caught a pretty well known figure at the round table with maybe, just maybe, the band.

"Wait, Jo Hanjoon? The Serenade's manager?!" With her quick reflex, Daeun slapped the blue haired one's mouth making her laughed in satisfaction.

"Shut... up... Ashleeey,"

"Oh my goodness, Shin Daeun."

Well, Ashley was right. Her gut wasn't wrong the whole time, the lemonade juice wasn't only filled with lemon and sugar and such, it contained a bit of alcohol too and Daeun couldn't even handle a little amount of alcohol—the fact that the lemonade 'juice' was placed in a tall cup wasn't helping either. Drunk Daeun started to cup Ashley's cheeks, pinching, squeezing, massaging them while murmuring incohorent words, it drives her up the wall. The drunk one might looked cute, but as her best friend, Ashley must sacrifice the releasing tension session to take care of the—for now—baby.

"Daeun—Daeun wake up! Yah, you brat, you can't sleep on the floor. Oh God, good thing we are kind of hidden,"

On the other side of Sugar Rush, Jaehyun seem troubled as his head went super mega painful due to the striking smell of the heavy cigarette, coming from the staff of the company's hand. Johnny and Yuta didn't have any troubles handling with the smoke as they are used to come to this bar with much more types of heavy cigarattes—almost every night. The other two, Doyoung and Taeyong, went outside of the bar to have a bit of Seoul's night air, Jaehyun regrets his decision to stay with the drummer and the guitarist, convincing them he would get through the super stinky smell of the smoke.

"Uh, Johnny, I'll go to the toilet for a sec,"

"Sure, sure. If anything comes up I'll just call you,"

Knowing the fact that the bar's toilet was placed on the upper floor, Jaehyun heaved a sigh of relief. Yes, he is an extrovert, but he hates this type of crowd where privacy is nowhere to be seen and the smell of cigarettes. Vape smells better, he thought.

Pushing the door open, it leads to two directions, turn to the left to enter men's washroom and the women's one is the opposite way. Without any further ado, he entered the washroom, harshly washing his face and pushing his hair all way back—a bit wet due to his washed hands earlier. His flushed cheeks were a sign of him drinking a little too much tonight, but it doesn't matter—he's not drunk yet.

As Jaehyun was about to leave the washroom, a wasted girl recklessly entered the area making the man in black shirt dilated his eyes. Her already exposed shoulders became more exposed to the point it could drop anytime if she kept on bumping to the wall here and there. Upon seeing the rare scene ahead him, the male's cheeks flushed way brighter pink than ever, his body temperature went high it made him shook his head numerous times.

"Uh... who you...?" Daeun slipped her hand on the sink, shamelessly pulling up the shirt on her almost exposed chest.

"Uh, I'm Jung Jaehyun. Anyway, miss, you are dead drunk, this is men washroom—"

"Oh... OH? The Serenade's guitarist... are you... you... that one with that little triangular thing...? In the cafe." Her hiccup cut her words off, and that's when Jaehyun—for the uncountable times that night—widened his eyes as he examined her up and down, persuading himself that maybe she was just drunk.

Reality hits him hard when he started to fully realize, she was the one who kept his guitar pick at the cafe, a staff at Jiah's cafe to be precise.

"Miss Shin Daeun?!"

🎸