Floor 2 - Elf War Prologue

Welcome to the second arc of the story. This one will cover the Elf War Campaign, that lasts from Floor 3 to Floor 9, so will likely be a fair bit longer than the Floor 1 arc, despite only being about the same time frame. Far more detail to cover.

Without further ado...

~December 2nd, 2022 - Floor 2, Teleport Gate~

''Blimey...'' - Jet summed up what both he and his partner were thinking. The second floor was a strange mix of savannah and mountainous terrain, and if Argo's stories to the pair were true, populated by a load of cow monsters. It had been at that point the girls had lost Jet, as his mind wandered to craving a beef burger... maybe he should've paid more attention after all.

''You ever get the feeling that you've seen somewhere before? I'm half expecting to find elephants and giraffes, like on some TV documentary narrated by a posh British guy...''

''Sir David Attenborough is a national treasure, I'll have you know...'' - Jet putting on the most over the top tone of outrage he could manage, eliciting a slight giggle from Koharu.

''Still, we'll probably be running into monsters more than animals... you think they graze out here too?''

''Probably, but I suspect we don't want to see it if they do. Either way... time for a safari, don't ya think?''

~ November 23rd, 2022 - Brislington, Bristol, England~

How Michael put up with some of his sisters, Sam would never know. Whilst Ell and Beth had generally been quite cheerful towards him, and shown signs that, despite their fear, they believed in their brother to actually pull through someday, Gabby had been... less than positive, and the sheer velocity of the insults she'd hurled towards her brother seemed unfair, considering it wasn't exactly his fault.

Speak of the devil herself - ''Ay up.''

''You're awake?'' - He seemed almost annoyed at that one... it was the middle of the afternoon. Yes, he was a bit idle at times, but still being asleep at 3:30? Even he wasn't that bad...

''It's 3:30 in the afternoon... yup, I'm awake.''

''It's... oh right, time difference.''

''Yes, why are you calling me at this ungodly hour?'' - Sam uttered sarcastically.

''I, being the amazing clever woman that I am, have come up with a plan to save my idiot of a brother, and get him back for Christmas.'' - If Sam had been drinking, a spit take would've occurred. As he wasn't however, he settled for choking on air.

''huf, huf... So humble too. Go on, enlighten me with your master plan, and why exactly I'm hearing it first, not your actual family...'' - Any time Gabby had a plan, he instantly thought of Baldrick from Blackadder. Not the only reason that was the image of Gabby in his mind, but still. The words 'I have a plan' were those rare words that sent opposing armies screaming, made babies cry, and terrified the reasonable, in her lexicon.

''Well, I don't think they'd be too happy about it for one...'' - Uh oh.

''You're not planning to go in yourself...'' - Sam meant that as a statement of fact, but Gabby had a nasty tendency to read the truth as a mere question.

''Well, I wasn't. I was gonna send you in, instead. But now you've said it...''

''Firstly, no chance. Secondly, how? It's not like you have a spare NerveGear lying around, and you can't exactly pop round the shops for one...''