Christmas Eve Special - The Night Before Christmas

December 7th, 2022 - Floor 3, Lyusulan Camp

''You know, it's nearly Christmas... you reckon there's an in game Christmas?'' - Jet stopped to think for a second. It wasn't exactly something that would've come up during the beta test... which ran in July. But then again, Jet doubted that Kayaba would've ignored something that important, given he seemingly wanted people to live their lives here... so he answered - ''Perhaps... but isn't it only the 7th today?''

''Yes, it's only 18 days away!''

''Please tell me you aren't one of those people who play Christmas songs in September, Koharu...''

''No! That's far too early... November, maybe.''

''Trust my luck to get a partner who loves Christmas...'' - Jet joked.

''Aww, don't be a grinch about it!''

''I'm not! I just... Christmas at home was always stressful. Six sisters, a brother, me, parents, grandparents... imagine the washing up afterwards!''

''What about when you were little?''

''Eh, I was neutral on the idea. Used to love decorating the house... and tracking Santa on radar.'' - Jet tried to mumble that last bit, but failed.

''I can just picture a tiny you sat there now... it's adorable!'' - She tried to hard to imagine a small Jet... it was difficult for her, given her reference was 6 feet tall, and towered over nearly everyone around them. The toddler version of Jet though... she felt like picking him up and talking to him in baby talk... what that said about her, she really wasn't sure.

''And I'm the only one of us who did embarrassing stuff as a kid, am I?''

''Nope... you're the only one who admits it though! Anyway, is there anything you want for Christmas?''

''Hmm, you?'' - Koharu went bright red, and began spluttering at Jet's teasing. - ''My two front teeth perhaps? Actually, anything'll do, except the Pogues. No Pogues.''

''You know, if you carry on like that, I might actually think you're being serious...'' - She gave her partner a wide smirk, knowing exactly how he'd react...

''Who says I'm not?'' - She was wrong. Jet swore he could feel the heat off his partner's cheeks... an achievement, given she was sat 5 feet away - ''But seriously, as long as I've got you, I'm sure I could take on the world. After all, I do have the best partner in the world!...''

''Buh... buh...''

''And I may have broke her. Go me.''

December 23rd, 2022 - Floor 4, Rovia

After the experience that had been the fourth floor boss fight, Jet having discovered that he wasn't much of a sailor, and nearly becoming a literal home run with Wythege, the pair had decided to take a few days away from the frontlines... it was nearly Christmas after all, and even if Jet hated the holidays... he was quite partial to the holiday bit. Especially the bit where it meant he could escape from the she-devil...

''Asuna's invited us to a party, you want to go?'' - She really was like Beetlejuice, wasn't she? The most obvious answer was no. Not because he knew he'd be in for an incredibly unpleasant experience... well, actually, that was the reason, but it wasn't like he could just tell his partner that.

''Who's party is it?''

''ALS and DKB'' - Any remaining chance, however minute, exited the window as fast as the acronyms came out.