Floor 3 - Chapter 2 - When It Rains...

December 6th, 2022 - Floor 3, West Mists, Aincrad.

''Muh-my-YOU BITCH!'' - Well, the new girl's attack definitely got the attention of the falconer, who was now charging her... but not before... - ''ARGGGHHH-GURGH'' - the wolf that was lurking in the trees sunk it's teeth into him, and threw his body around like a ragdoll. The creep may have deserved a nasty ending, but even Jet felt this may have been just a bit on the overkill side. After a few moments, that felt like an eternity, the falconer's corpse was tossed aside as it disappeared into pixels, as the wolf's master found his way to the now finished battle.

The death of their leader seemed to have a fairly profound effect on the remaining knights... as the last of them fell to the ground, cleaved by the new girl's sword. Both Jet and Koharu stopped for a few seconds to get a look at the new players in the fight - a red haired man, probably in his early twenties, wearing a red set of the starter armour, and a bandana, and the girl in purple.

''Jet... who are they?''

''I... I think I know who the girl is. The bloke though, I've got no idea.'' - The girl took the fall of the last knight as her cue to charge Jet, and tackle him into a hug, which was... an experience for Jet, considering her appearance. - ''You bloody idiot! You had to play the hero, didn't you! Imagine how we all felt outside!'' - Jet rolled his eyes at his possible sister, and fought desperately to break away from her grasp... when did she gain the strength of a hydraulic press?! And why did she have to press him to there of all places!?

''I'm lost now... what's going on?'' - The guy commented to no one in particular.

''I really don't know...'' - Koharu answered, trying to piece it together in her head.

''I believe they may be siblings.'' - Surprisingly, it was Kizmel who came out with an answer.

''Yeah, sorry about that, but well...''

''Well what!'' - Strea was in absolutely no mood for her brother's usual method of arguing... she'd just spent a day hunting him down through a death game, with the most over the top Casanova wannabe in tow...

''Well, if I worried everyone... imagine what everyone's gonna do when they realise you did the same.''

''They'll... oh. Oh shit.'' - The realisation of precisely how dead she was going to be when she got out of this hit her like a freight train.

''Right, well, nought we can do about that now. We're kind of in the middle of something. Thanks for the save though.'' - Jet looked back to see... no one but Dark Elves and humans... and a big wolf. A particularly cute looking giant wolf at that. He would now be known as Fluffy, because... well, he was. Even the blindsided by cuteness Jet thought slightly better about trying to pet the wolf though. That sounded like an excellent way to lose a limb, as the Falconer could've attested to... were he not very dead.

''Human warriors, you have helped us hold the Jade Key... and take vengeance on my sister's murderer. I do not know if the words to thank you truly exist, but let our actions show you our gratitude instead. We shall bring you to our camp, and allow you rest and recuperation.''

''Much obliged... Kizmel, wasn't it?'' - Jet did a far more serious salute, whilst Koharu bowed towards the two elves. Strea looked on in bewilderment at the scene, whilst the guy in red simply wondered what they'd modelled the elves in this game off of... that one was a complete babe!

The journey from the West Mists to the Elven Camp was certainly an interesting one... Jet could hear his sister moaning about the trees, and how it would screw up... well, actually he'd tuned out by that point. Even he had a finite limit as to how much inane crap he could eavesdrop on, before he got bored.