𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 18: 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖜𝖊𝖆𝖐

It has been a few days since my birthday

It has been a few days since my birthday. I have talked to Alejandro every night, I think we are good.

It is currently 5 in the morning. I really can't sleep. I walk downstairs and make my way to the kitchen. I stop when I hear voices.

"What do you mean!" Vince whisper shouts.

"It isn't my fault, he said that it must happen. If it doesn't out alliance is done. Salvador wants Amara to marry Alejandro, he wants us united. If it doesn't, a war will start, his words not mine." My father tells my brothers. They are all out here, except for Dante. I wanted to say something but I didn't know what.

"What the hell Dad, do something, anything." Mattia pleaded in my case.

"He said that his son will do it whether they like it or not, that it is just up to is. I'll ask Amara, but I don't expect her to say yes. I am prepared for a war." My father stated.

I wanted to come out and say something. I don't want a war. I don't wanna be married though, not yet at least.

I walked out and made a decision that was very rash.

"I'll do it. I don't want a war, that is not something anyone here needs." Their faces dropped. They didn't expect this.

"Amara your 16, you have so much time to do so much. You don't need to do this." Emiliano came over to me.

"No, I'll do it. I will, don't try and change my mind." I raised my voice a little to get my point across.

"I'll call Salvador. Are you sure this is okay, I'll start a war for you. I promise I will." My father didn't like this decision of mine. You could tell that he wanted to stop this but I was already set with my choice.

"I'm sure." They all hated this decision. I didn't hate it, I am doing something for my family. I will always be happy to help them.

It's not marriage I am afraid of, it's being related to Salvador.

I could just say no but I isn't that simple. My family has a large chance of winning but at what cost. If someone gets hurt I will feel guilty.

I think saying no makes me kinda selfish, maybe I am just overthink.

If anyone gets hurt in a war that was ultimately my decision, I would feel at blame.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dad had called Salvador about my choice. We will be meeting up tonight at our house for dinner. I have been told to get ready.

I do love a reason to dress up. I got ready. I did a light makeup and curled my hair. Then I slid my dress on.

I also made sure to my necklace that Alejandro gave me on

I walked downstairs. I could hear them talking. I went to the formal dining room and sat in a seat next to Vince. Their eye were on me. Salvador gave me a sinister smile.

I gave one back.

"I am so happy to have you as a daughter soon, Amara," the way Salvador says my name gives me chills.

I gave a glare. I never responded. They all started the conversations. I didn't really care to listen.

Me and Alejandro keep looking at each other. He seemed sad. Maybe disappointed. I wasn't good enough for him. He deserves better than me.

I looked at him, and he gave me a questioning look. I shrugged my shoulders and zoned out.

My head popped up when I heard my dad ask something.

"When do you want them married Salvador, my curiosity is kicking in," My father looked him dead in the eyes.

"Well, probably in the next month. I want us to be united as soon as possible." He smiles so greatly.

It was a lot. Not the marriage, just him. Salvador being here made me wanna kill myself. His presence makes my stomach turn.

"I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be back." I quickly rush out. I ignored the protest. I heard someone behind me but I did not care.

I went to my room and went to my balcony. I stood there. I looked out as the cold breeze touched my skin.

"Amara." Alejandro put his hand on my shoulders. His rest his head on me. Putting his and through my hair, "I know this isn't what you want. I'm not who you want, but I promise that I will do anything to make you happy," he takes my left hand and puts a ring on my finger,"I hope this will make this feel a little more normal."

He tries to walk away. I pull him and I kiss him.

"It's not you. I'm okay with you, I want you. I just don't want to rush everything. That never ends well. I'm afraid that you will regret this. It's not you." My voice cracks. I feel bad, I don't want him to waste his life," If you don't want this, I'll tell my dad I change my mind. It will be my fault it all goes downhill. You want be blamed. You can live life as you want."

"I can't do that to you Amara. I won't do that, I care to much." His head rest in mine. I like this feeling. Tears roll down my face," Don't cry baby."

He holds me tighter in his arms. He wipes my tears and holds my head in his chest.

"Don't let go Alejandro. I don't know what will happen if you do." I needed him to stay. I am to unpredictable in this state. I could do things that I would regret. I hate when I do that but I can't help it.

We eventually moved to my bed. We just laid down. Nothing happened, he just comforted me.

I liked it. I liked just being able to lay down and hold each other. He eventually feel asleep with me in his arms. I looked down at my hand. I stared at the ring. I'm fucking engaged because a crazy ass man is willing to kill fucking everyone if I don't.

I'm disappointed I went down and didn't fight it. I just know that I could never fight Salvador. I'm scared of him. I don't get scared of people but he only terrifies me. I don't know why I can't kill him but I just can never seem to pull the trigger.

I am weak. I have accepted it.

That is the end of Chapter 18 of Dépaysement. I hope you enjoyed.

If I'm going to be honest you don't know how badly I thought about this choice of the story. I really didn't think I was going to add the surprise engagement. It kind of just came to mine after I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I know a lot of people won't like this turn but it's going to really contribute to the ending of the story. I feel like this was a good thing that adds to the story.

It does it change the ending but it makes it a whole different type of an emotional turn. If that makes any sense.

The ring

The ring.

With love Alivia ❤️