𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 31: 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊

"Hey Dad, what is going on?" I greeted my dad, completely ignoring Jacob's existence

"Oh, Jacob was just saying how he is trying his hardest to find the missing footage. He has interviewed everyone at his club but they are all clueless," My dad put his hand in my shoulder," I am trying baby."

I was completely pissed. The way he is playing my dad. It was bullshit. Disrespectful to me and my family.

I wanted to shoot him right now. I really could but I had a plan. One I want to follow. He would expect me to do something like that but if I wait the whole time to then it would be less predictable.

"Thanks you," I gave mt dad a hug and excused myself. I walked away.

The last dance is almost here, I can wait about 15 more minutes.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The music played as I looked for one of my brothers to dance with. I saw Vince and I began walking to him.

Out of nowhere I was pulled into another's arms and was now dancing with them.

Alejandro pulled me closer. Looking at me with a seductive look.

I wanted to tell him to let go, that I don't want to dance with him.

Even if I was mad at him, being close to Alejandro would never make me mad.

"Amara, you look amazing." His voice filled my ear. It was deep. I liked how it made my legs want to melt.

"I always do," I wanted to seem confident. He needed to know that he doesn't affect me, even if it's a lie.

"Trust me, I know."

He swung me around. He was going to the opposite side of the room. The side Jacob isn't on.

I tried directing it back but I couldn't seem suspicious.

"How have you been?" Alejandro asked. He had a cocky tone to his voice.

"Perfect, I can be okay without you," I gave him attitude. Put his ego back to the level it belongs.

"Don't be like that."

"Like what, like someone you don't love." I argued.

"I do." He whispered out.

"If you do then why not say it!" I shouted out.

We were still dancing. The music was so loud that it was impossible to hear us.

I wasn't trying to make a scene but it was almost unavoidable at this point.

"I can't just say it. It may be true but I can't say it. If I say it then it is out in the open, the universe can then fuck up everything more. Fate or whatever the fuck makes the choices can take you away. I don't want that. It is easier to say nothing than to say everything." He didn't scream or shout. He seemed rather calm.

"We make the choices Alejandro. Just us, it is all up to us. Nothing will decide if we die, only the person who pulls the trigger does. Nothing will happen, I promise you."

"You don't know that Amara. You are not as big as you think."

"What is the problem, you can't love me because you don't want to lose me. What type of bullshit is that. No love story ended with a happy ending, it all ended in death because that is the one thing not a single person can change. Not me, not you, not anyone."

"Please Amara, just dance." He tried to shut down the conversation.

"So your just gonna let it control your life. You are going to hold your heart back because of something we can't do shit about."

"Drop it, please. You know how I feel, I don't get why I have to say it." He started getting mad.

"I don't want to lose this. I don't won't to ever."

"You won't ever loss me. You don't need to worry, I don't have to say it for it to be true."

"I love you. I do Alejandro. I would do anything for you. I know you would do the same. Those words don't affect what is going to happen to us." I raised my voice.

"I fucking love you okay. Is that what you want? You wanted me to say it, well there I did."

He then pulled me in and kissed me. Not just our regular kiss, a deeper one. It had more passion and love.

I never wanted it to end. The way he held me. I don't think that I could ever find this again.

"God I fucking love you Amara." He said after he took his lips off mine. I felt complete.

Then the song ended.

I had lost my chance. I could have done it earlier. I could have done it right now.

The guest started leaving. Now only Madeline, Davina, Alejandro, my brothers, my dad, and myself filled the room. Conversations about the night went on. It was are event after all.

I excused myself. I walked away out of frustration. I could have done it. Ended him and my pain. It would have brought a smile to my face.

I lost that chance. It is my fault but in all honesty I don't really regret it.

Yes I had ruined my plan but I got to see the Alejandro that I loved. I felt okay with not going through with the plan. He would still die but not today.

I walked away from the group and to the hallway. Then I was grabbed and I felt a knife on my neck.

I was walked out into the ballroom I had just left. I was terrified. The looks on my family's faces told it all.

This always happens to me.

"Well, look who I got." The person said. I knew that voice. His voice. It haunts me to this day.

Salvador, he had already started a war and this was his way of trying to end it. I knew him. He was going to threaten to kill me if the war between us doesn't end.

Little did I know that wasn't the reason. I was wrong and Alejandro had been right. He is always right and I am to stubborn to listen to him. One of my many downfalls.

That is the end of Chapter 31 of Dépaysement. I hope you enjoyed. With love Alivia ❤️