𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 23: 𝕮𝖗𝖚𝖊𝖑 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖞

"Dante!" I screamed his name

"Dante!" I screamed his name. I ran over, and dropped myself next to him.

I looked him in his glossy eyes and started to lose myself. Emiliano was trying to stop any bleeding he could, it wasn't doing much.

I saw the struggle in both of them. The way Dante is fighting to stay awake, and Emiliano to keep him that way.

I felt froze in time. Everything was going so slow.

I put my hand in place of Emiliano's. He tried to stop me but he failed.

I held Dante as I tried to stop this no stop bleeding.

"Hey buddy," my voice cracks.

His face lightens a little and he smiles. He finds a way to smile in the worse of situations. The way he finds light in the cruelest moments is perfection.

His hand moves on the top of mine.

"Hi sissy," his weak voice speaks. I didn't expect him to say anything," You can stop."

He tried to pull my hands from helping him. To stop them from preventing the most bleeding as possible. He pushes them away, and just hold them close to him.

I hear the fight behind us. Emiliano shouting at everyone. He was mad, he wanted to know why the ambulance isn't here, how did people find a way to break in, how are security did do anything. The questions of his came out in a louder manner, directed at our dad.

"Ignore them," I told Dante, he was looking back at them, still holding my hands close.

He looked back at me. I expected tears from him. I expected more, he was calm though. He held it all together.

"Emiliano lied," Dante's words caught me by surprise," I'm not going to be okay."

What are you supposed to say to this, there are not words. I could tell him the truth, or lie to him even though he knows it is a lie. I want to reassure him. I want to tell him it is all right. I can't.

His words caught everyone's attention, as the room became quiet. They were waiting for my response.

"I don't know. I wish I did but I don't know if you will." I cried. I don't know what will happen to him. I don't know if the ambulance will make it in time.

"Can you hold me" Dante whimpers. He was laying in my lap, holding my hands still. He released my hand allowing me to hold him closer. He still took one hand, holding it as tight as he could.

I looked at him. He was curled up. He was crying and his blood was all over us.

I never thought of that happening. I didn't think that this was ever a possibility. None of did.

You don't think that in your one home this would happen. You do everything possible to stop it and yet it still happens.

You feel responsible. I wish I could go back in time. I don't know what I would have done differently but I could have done something. Choose left instead of right. Anything to change this.