The girls and I finally got to the airport with enough time to spare. "Las Vegas really Avi? Real original"

She laughed "that's not the only disappointing thing you'll hear" she looked away from me

"Avani Kiana Gregg what do you mean by that?" I grabbed her shoulder and turned her around to face me.

"Don't hate me, but some of the boys tagged along" she put her hand over her mouth

"What boys? Ant? He's one of the girls kinda expected" I shrugged my shoulder

"Bryce too, also Josh." She gave a faint smile

"Who's the other boy? Don't lie to me either"

"Vinnie" she said quietly

I gasped "AVAINI WHAT THE HELL" I took a second "sorry for yelling but you know we're not talking brooo"

"Perfect situation for y'all too talk, I know you miss him" she nudged my shoulder "in fact you have to sit by him bc I wanted to sit by Ant so I switched my ticket with him, thank you btw. Now let's go board the plane."

She gave me no time to respond..

I got to my seat and Vinnie plopped next to me "why did you come if you walked away from me?"... "you know what don't answer that, don't talk to me for the whole flight" i put my AirPods in and looked out the window.

A couple minutes later I felt something hit my shoulder I looked down and it was Vinnie. He looked so peaceful asleep, it made me think of the times I'd go over to his house just to cuddle with Hera and he'd fall asleep on his gaming chair.

I woke him up "why did you walk away from me?"

He lifted his head up "what?"

"You know what, why did you walk away from me?"

"Are you planning on getting married for sure?" He rubbed his eyes.

I nodded my head "then let's not talk and have fun okay, can I rest for the rest of the flight?" He asked me

"Don't shut me down Vincent" I grabbed his head, we sat there for a minute with my hands on his face "please"

"Kai I can't be your escape, you're getting married. You're my best friend yes, but at some point I have to decide when enough is enough. You're so special to me, but I have to look out for my heart"

I nodded my heat with loss of words "okay vin"

...

We landed and got to our rooms "wow Avani this room is badass, why is there only one big bed though?"

"We'll i thought that since the boys have their own room we could do it old style and share the bed like a sleep over. You're going to be married soon and I'm gonna miss having you as my roommate"

"Awe Avi, come one group hug before we get ready" me, Avani, Loren, and Mads hugged for a while. "I'm glad I'm here with y'all"

We were getting ready for a dinner

...

We arrived and I sat next to Avani and Loren. Mads sat next to Vinnie, I know she doesn't know our history but if she flirts with him I'll die actually.

"So Vinnie are you seeing anyone?" Mads leaned closer to him.

He looked at me for a while "actually no, I was recently but we had to cut it off"

Avani and Loren grabbed my hands

"Oh why didn't it work out? if you don't mind me asking" she leaned closer a little bit more

"Yeah well I well I don't have words to explai-"

I interrupted "it's okay Vin you don't have to say why"

He nodded at me "I'm just being single for a while trying to be with myself" he scooted away from her.

I got up quickly and went to find the bathroom. As I was going to pull the door opened someone placed a hand on my back.

"Whoa" I turned around and saw Vinnie "you scared me"

"Sorry Kai, I just wanted to come check on you" he looked down at his feet

I got closer to him and slipped my arms around him "soon it'll get better right?" Tears began running down my face

He wrapped his arms around me. He said nothing. We just stood there in each other's embrace. It was like slow motion, like it was just us. Like in those movies where it spins around them with music playing.

I looked up at him and saw the tears falling down his face. I wiped the tears away with my thumb and held my hand against his face.

I got up on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek and walked back to the table.

👩🏼Kaiadams

Liked by Taylerholder and 826,827 others Kaiadams: let the fun begin

Kaiadams: let the fun begin.. @ Avani @ Loren @ madslewis.
View all 627,927 comments
Avani: YEAHHHH
Taylerholder: have fun my sweet girl
User: didn't a couple boys go w them too??
Loren: 🥰