Nesting

*Afton-Reed family (x MHA characters) animal hybrid AU*

Noah turned the handle of the door to the last room in the house he hadn't checked, looking for his husband.

The door swung open to reveal...

A complete mess in what was once a large, empty room.

"What in the actual hell is going on here."

Michael looked up from where he was braiding the blue hair of their adopted daughter, Eri, with their biological daughter lying in Eri's lap.

Michael's purple-tipped black wings were spread, draping around them like a protective shield.

All three sat in some sort of nest made of blankets, pillows, sheets, stuffed animals, hoodies, and all sorts of random, commonly used, fuzzy and soft items of clothing from all family members.

It seemed to be arranged in a very specific order, too, since the nest looked more like three.

The biggest was mainly made of hoodies, blankets, and sheets, with Michael's feathers scattered in bits of it.

The other two were about the same size, big enough for both Himalaya and Eri to curl up in one.

One was mainly blue and yellow, made of pillows, blankets, and Himilaya's stuffies. The pillows were arranged so someone Himilaya-sized could sleep in the middle of them.

The other was mostly red and pink, with some orange. It was mostly comprised of blankets, with some pillows for shape. Eri's plushies were arranged in it.

"...Michael what is this?"

"Oh yeah, we're avians so we nest when we're nervous or during a particular time of year. This is the nesting room now by the way!"

Noah just walked over and sat next to them, accepting that he would never reclaim this room.

*Eri has white wings with some light blue in it (cause of her hair) she's 5 so her wings are very fluffy and mostly down. Her wings are similar to a swan's wings, elegant and graceful. When she is older she will be able to control them very precisely. She's a natural swimmer cause she's part swan. Species: Tundra swan.*

•Himilaya's wings are white like all child avian's wings, and she has some bright yellow feathers. Her wings are similar to a parrot/macaw's wings, they'll be very bright and flashy when she grows up. She'll instinctively use them to attract people to her and entertain people. She is a Golden Conure

Avian hybrids almost always gain wings and always have the nesting instinct. Some hybrids gain different instincts as well and/or certain talents from their bird side, and in rare cases, genetic female avians will lay eggs if they mate with a genetically male avian. In some cases, avian hybrids have different animal mutations along with the wings. Tokoyami is an extremely rare case of having not only a different avian mutation (his head), but no wings.

In this AU, Noah is a fox hybrid. Gray fox. Sometimes Michael and Noah will call their children 'kit(s)' or 'cygnet(s)', occasionally they'll call Himilaya a 'parrotlet' (actual type of parrot, but not the kind Himilaya is). Sometimes they'll call Eri 'Princess Swan' because she's a swan.

~550 words
November 8, 2021