Guardian Angel

"Now for our favorite subject: magic." Mr Aizawa writes something on the board.

'GUARDIAN ANGELS'
'Real or Myth?'

"Raise your hand to contribute to either list, then we will have a seminar as a class to determine whether these should be considered 'real' or a 'myth'." Hands immediately puncture the air.

"Yes, Iida." Mr Aizawa says, pointing at the class president.

"Well, I think we should determine the definition of a guardian Angel first, because it is very difficult to classify something as 'real' or 'myth' when our definitions are conflicting." Iida states, chopping his hands for emphasis.

Midoriya nods, "Guardian Angels are spirits who choose to dedicate themselves to the protection of a certain entity."

The class agrees on this definition, some surprised at the readiness of his answer. "Wow, Midobro, you must know a lot about guardian Angels! What do you think, what's your expert opinion?" Kirishima pipes up, jokingly questioning. But Midoriya is dead serious as he replies, "Guardian Angels exist."

Aizawa looks at him. "And why do you believe this?" He questions.

"Oh, I just know that they exist." Aizawa frowns, suspicions confirmed. The spirit investigator called in the week before was correct. Now he's going to do something...a bit dangerous.

He puffs out his capture scarf, erasing the class's quirks. "Let's test something." The class is confused, murmuring questions to each other. However, they shut up when he pulls a small blade out of a pocket.

"A-Aizawa Sensei? Please don't do what I think you're going to—NO!" Midoriya's voice is worried, then goes up an octave, standing quickly as Aizawa throws the knife towards Uraraka. She screams, throwing a hand across her face, but the knife never hits.

Instead, it rebounds off of a glowing wall of white, clattering to the floor next to Aizawa. He grins, it worked.

The glow fades momentarily, revealing the white wall to be large wings. The creature they're connected to turns, and Midoriya lunges for them.

He catches them by the wrists, yanking the winged creature backwards. "Todoroki-kun get over here RIGHT NOW—" His yelp is cut off by another blast of light, the amorphous blob of mist and feathers settling into the shape of a human teen, pure white hair and feathers framing them. They wear white and gold clothes, a blindfold that looks a bit like a straitjacket, and they are snarling, held back only by Midoriya shouting, "One for All—one hundred percent!!" His skin charges up, green lightning combating the sparkling purple beginning to wreath around the Angel's arms.

Midoriya looks up at Aizawa, angry and annoyed. "Why would you do that?!" He asks exasperatedly, "Topaz is hard enough to control with potential danger as it is, why did you have to introduce a goddamn knife into the mix?!!" He grunts as the Angel tries to break out of his grasp again, wings flaring wide and flapping furiously. "Todoroki-kun, freeze him, please?" Todoroki obeys, encasing the creature in a chunk of ice.

"I hope you're happy, Sensei—if you wanted to know if anyone has a Guardian Angel, you could have just asked."

=====
The next week
=====

Aizawa leads the class out of the bus to the USJ. "I'm sure you remember what happened last time, so we have more pros here just in case. It's highly likely we'll be attacked, so please prepare for the worst case scenario and plan to meet on top of the collapsing building."

No sooner than they step into the USJ, Midoriya tenses. "Hey, everyone, get up in the rafters as fast as you can. They're coming." No one thinks twice, scrambling upwards as quick as possible through various methods of Quirk usage. Most are carried along by their friends, so only a few are still left on the ground; Kaminari, Mina, Midoriya, and Sato.

"Sato, don't buff up yet; if you do it'll take too much energy to fly you up. Kaminari, how much electric energy can you produce without shorting yourself out? However much it is, direct it at me." Kaminari complies, shooting an arc of electricity at his friend. The Angel appears again seemingly out of thin air, shuddering as the energy crackles through them. "He's gonna carry you up, I'll jump after you. Plan how to shoot at the villains from up there, won't you?" He doesn't wait for an answer, and the Angel grabs Sato first, taking off into the air. He returns quickly for Kaminari and Mina, setting them up in the rafters too. Then he perches on one and waits as Midoriya leaps up to him, walking over and disappearing.

A large portal swells up, and Shigaraki and a hulking Nomu emerge. A sea of villains floods out behind them, and Izuku is hit with a strong sense of déjà vu.

Except this time, it's different. This time he leaps down, green electricity arcing over his skin. This time pro heroes charge to distract and lead away Shigaraki and the Nomu. This time, Izuku raises his arm and says, "I call upon Topaz and give him full permission to get rid of the threat."

This time, he doesn't do anything except give his energy to Topaz, then sits up on the rafters to watch him wreak chaos.

Aizawa is surprised when Midoriya led the class out of danger. He is definitely surprised when he calls upon his Guardian Angel.

The Angel glides down, wings spread wide. He lands in the center of the mob, and the illusion of the peaceful, harmless Angel immediately breaks when he pulls out a whip and grins.

Midoriya's Angel becomes nothing more than a streak of light, slashing through the ranks of villains and leaving destruction in his wake. Villains fly into the air, arcing above the crowd and then landing with a heavy thud. They stumble into each other and ready themselves for an opponent, but never get to land a single hit because the Angel is just too fast. It is—insane, this amount of power. The Angel is only a speedster, but knows exactly how to use his power. In a matter of minutes, the crowd of villains is decimated and tied to the fountain.