Another Foster Family

Ariana Lynch. Ariana Lynch is the kid Tony Stark would be looking after for a month. It isn't really something he wants and he is not looking forward to it. The sooner he gets it over with, the better. He isn't sure exactly how he got talked into doing this. He was drunk beyond belief. He had apparently made a deal that he'd agree to take care of some kid for a month and if he wanted could add time and/or adopt after.

There's no way he is going to adopt this child. He doesn't want it. He is only doing this to make sure that Pepper doesn't murder him for cancelling a deal with one of her closest friends. She can be really scary when angry.

Sitting on the couch, waiting for her arrival, he is surrounded by the Avengers. They all can tell he has been dreading this day. The day the little child would come and destroy what little peace they have. 

"This is going to be a long month," Stark groans, placing his forehead on his hand. No one responds. "Is it too late to back out?" the billionaire asks, looking up and around for an answer. He is met with the glares of his teammates and puts his hands up in surrender, "just a joke, just a joke."

But everyone knows it isn't just a joke. Honestly, some of them don't want a little kid running around here bothering them either. "How old is she again?" Sam asks, opening the refrigerator.

Stark opens his mouth to answer, but he stops, closing his mouth. He doesn't know the answer to that question. It is probably one that Pepper's friend had told him when he was either drunk as hell or hungover as shit.

The look on Sam's face as he realises the man has absolutely no idea how old the little shit is was priceless. Tony would have laughed and made a snarky remark if it wasn't for the thoughts about the child that is on its way over. When the elevator opens, they all see the kid standing there, but she is definitely not what any of them were expecting.

Ariana Lynch walks into the tower with amazement painted over her face. These must be some expensive penthouse-apartment thingies. She and Rebecca -Pepper's friend- stop just at the elevator. The blonde lady gestures to the elevator, urging the girl to go in. The girl doesn't move, she is frozen.

"C'mon Lynch, he's waiting for you," Rebecca urges, trying to hide her impatience. She has other things to do. Things that are more important to her.

Ariana notices the impatience she tried to hide, but she tries to ignore it as she mumbles, "could you at least take me up and get me through the introduction?"

Rebecca looks at the girl with a face that reads 'seriously' replying, "you're fifteen for god's sake, you can go by yourself." She tried to hide the impatience and irritation in her voice, but she let it slip out. She needs to go, she is already late for her date. She doesn't want to make him think she stood him up.

"But I just thou-" she begins.

"Seriously Lynch? I have somewhere to be. Stop being such a child." she scolds in the calmest and nicest possible way. The girl looks hurt, hurt by what the blonde woman said. She turns to the elevator and gets in with her head lowered. Rebecca knows her mistake and immediately regrets it. "Bye Lynch!" she desperately calls out, trying to get one last smile before she disappears behind the sleek doors. But there's nothing. She doesn't look up, she doesn't wave, she doesn't flash a smile, nothing. She just stands still as the doors closed.

To say Ariana is nervous would be an understatement. She wants so badly for this to go well. The last time she had lived in an expensive apartment-penthouse thingie she had upset her guardians very much. They threw her out like she was an infectious parasite. This time, she is determined to not make mistakes. She sighs, no, that's impossible. I always make too many mistakes.