Little Lies

Wide eyed, Bucky reaches out to catch Ariana. He looks at Steve who has paled. He picks her up bridal style and tells Steve they need to get her to Bruce.

Steve and Bucky had never ran so fast in their life. Worry flooded through them as they made their way to the tower. Something isn't right. First she got sick and then she fainted? What is going on?

They arrive at the tower in record time. Bucky gently sets her on the bed and tells Friday to get Bruce.

"What happened?" Bruce questions out of breath, having ran all the way into the room.

"I don't know." Steve runs a hand through his hair. "We went on a walk 'cause I wanted to get her mind off of everything and we stopped at a diner Buck and I used to go to. She barely ate anything before she got sick and after she said she felt fine so we walked out and then she just fainted in the middle of a conversation!"

Bruce furrows his brows as he dries his, now washed, hands. "Did she say anything about feeling weird before you left?"

"No, she seemed perfectly normal, though she seemed a bit tired" Steve replies, holding onto Bucky's hand for support. Nodding his head, Bruce takes out some medical supplies. They watch Bruce measures her temperature.

"Ninety-eight point nine, normal..." Bruce mutters under his breath. "What did she order?"

"A salad and a water."

"Did it look off to you? Maybe she got food poisoning?"

"Doesn't that usually take a bit longer to effect someone?"

"Maybe she had something earlier?"

"Does food poisoning make people faint?" Bucky interrupts Bruce and Steve's conversation with his brows furrowed and arms crossed.

"Not usually, but it's possible. We should just keep her under observation just in case."

"I don't think we should tell Stark."

"Why not?" Bucky asks.

"He already had so much to worry about. He will have an aneurysm if he finds out about this. I'm surprised he hasn't already."

"I hate to agree, but he has been way too stressed lately," Bruce concedes, wringing his hands together.

"How are you feeling?" Bruce asks Ariana. It's only been a day since she fainted, and the supersoldiers and him have been watching her like hawks. It's a bit overbearing, but she appreciates that they seem to care.

"I'm doing well," she lies. She heard them when they talked about her dad. He's stressed. He's not doing well. It's all her fault. She doesn't need to worsen his anxiety. Besides, she's had worse.

"That's good!" Bruce smiles, relieved that it was a one-time thing. She nods and tells him that she's just going to head up to her room. Luckily, he doesn't find anything about her suspicious.

She shuts the door to her room and makes her way to her private bathroom. She knows that nothing in there can monitor her.

Shutting the bathroom door, her face scrunches up in pain. She curls in on herself, wrapping her arms around her torso. Tears come to her eyes as she bites her lip. What is wrong with her? Why can't she just be okay for once in her life?

It feels as though someone is stabbing her. She's never felt like this in her life. It worries her a lot. Is she going to die?

"Have any of you noticed that Ariana has been losing a lot of weight?" Tony asks after Ariana leaves the dinner table to go to her room.